The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

I do remember them saying there will be no visual compromise for the consoles compared to the PC. Tho gimping the resolution is not what I call "no compromise" at all.

I think the rumor on resolution for this game is kind of pointless at the time being.
Does this game even have a release date? Isnt this shooting for fall/holiday release?

I guess the sheer absurdity of my last statement wasn't enough to demonstrate its irony.

I do remember them saying there will be no visual compromise for the consoles compared to the PC. Tho gimping the resolution is not what I call "no compromise" at all.

So you expect it to run at at 4K + 60fps with bags of high quality AA?

There are always going to be image quality and/or frame rate compromises compared to what the PC version is capable of. That's why when the developers say "no compromise" they are naturally ignoring those factors.

But taking such a statement at face value is a dodgy proposition IMO. There have been plenty of instances in the past were we've been told a particular game will be the same across all platforms only to find variances between the versions which range from subtle to huge.

Native resolution less effects >>> upscaled resolution more effects

Any improvements (better AF, better shadows resolution, more lighting etc.) present on the 900p version will be anyway wrecked by the indroduced blur and artifacts.

I would even prefer 720p with 4xMSAA on a native 720p monitor than 900p with 2xMSAA upscaled to 1080p.

Because PS4 only outputs 720p or 1080p, not 900p! At least on XB1 they could output a native 720p resolution for this game, how lucky!!

IDEA: Maybe they can add small black bars on the top and bottom of the screen. Many last gen games did it successfully. A 1000p game is not much more than 900p and will only remove 80 lines. Not a big deal.

1080 with a solid 30 on high settings for PS4 or bust.

It doesn't have to be ultra and it doesn't have to have wolf fur tech, just get it to 1080p and i'll be happy. I've noticed that ultra and high don't differ that much in many games, and considering how good witcher 3 looks to begin with, IQ is gonna matter much more in the end to see all the pretty assets

1080 with a solid 30 on high settings for PS4 or bust.

It doesn't have to be ultra and it doesn't have to have wolf fur tech, just get it to 1080p and i'll be happy. I've noticed that ultra and high don't differ that much in many games, and considering how good witcher 3 looks to begin with, IQ is gonna matter much more in the end to see all the pretty assets

Shoot on Crysis 3 PC at least in my 20 seconds of monkeying around, lowest and highest settings dont even appear to differ much at a glance! Diminishing returns r here.

well if your base assets are of a high enough quality, really the only thing that matters is the quality/resolution of the textures and the IQ of the game.

With all that ram, next gen should not have to worry about bad textures for a long time. I would not mind low to mid graphics settings with a full 1080p, solid 30 and textures on high for many games

There is virtually no difference between the High and Ultra setting in TW2 excluding ubersampling, even the medium to ultra is subtle. I'm pretty sure they can tweak the setting for PS4 from a range of ultra, high and medium in order to get 1080p, so why waste precious resources on everything ultra just for PC console parity sake while loosing a decent chunk of res.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRzHx_XXh18&hd=1

That kinda illustrates my point, the only difference i noticed with that witcher 2 video between all the versions are the textures on the environment and characters. If you have enough ram for HQ textures, there's virtually no difference between going low to mid to high. I'd hope that this is many third party's answer in the future to games that need more gpu grunt than the consoles can handle.

The fine details from ultra settings are often not noticeable on internet videos or pictures, you usually have to see them at home on your big screen to really appreciate them.

There is virtually no difference between the High and Ultra setting in TW2 excluding ubersampling, even the medium to ultra is subtle. I'm pretty sure they can tweak the setting for PS4 from a range of ultra, high and medium in order to get 1080p, so why waste precious resources on everything ultra just for PC console parity sake while loosing a decent chunk of res.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRzHx_XXh18&hd=1

By that logic though they could do the same to achieve 1080p on the XB1 as well. If it doesn't matter to lose some subtle rendering quality and effects on the PS4 version over the PC version to attain 1080p then nor should it matter to lose some subtle rendering quality and effects on the XB1 version over the PS4 version to attain 1080p and thus the two console versions would be essentially identical for you.

cause i'm pretty sure with the GPU disparity, they are going to have to make more cutbacks to the game than just in graphics or resolution to get 1080p. They are still bound by rops and fillrate as well as bandwidth. Its just a lot more feasible for ps4 to get there without loosing anywhere near as much.

cause i'm pretty sure with the GPU disparity, they are going to have to make more cutbacks to the game than just in graphics or resolution to get 1080p. They are still bound by rops and fillrate as well as bandwidth. Its just a lot more feasible for ps4 to get there without loosing anywhere near as much.

There's a VASTLY bigger GPU disparity between the PC GPU's required to run the Witcher 2 at Ultra settings and the GPU's in the PS360 than there is between the PS4 and the XB1.

Similarly, if the Witcher 3 has Ultra settings which are as demanding on modern PC's as the Witcher 2's Ultra settings were for high end PC's of it's day then there would likely be a bigger disparity between those PC GPU's and the PS4 than there is between the PS4 and the XB1.

The Witcher 3 delayed to February 2015

Eurogamer article reporting that the developers of The Witcher 3 have announced they are delaying the launch of the game for the best part of a year.

CD Projekt said:
Ever since we started working on the third installment in The Witcher franchise, it has been our aim to produce a title that would take our 11 years of experience in creating RPGs and distill them into a quintessence, into a game that would effectively crown those years

At the same time, we have wanted The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to expand creative boundaries, set new benchmarks, develop the genre as a whole. Ultimately, you, the players, must get an unforgettable adventure to experience in a vast, open world - and that's most important. We've created a story that flows naturally, cinematically, rendered it in amazing sound and visuals, while preserving full freedom of choice - all for you.

We knew this to be an ambitious plan, but believed we could achieve it by bringing together our team with its creative energies and current gaming platforms with their technical capabilities. A project this vast and complex would inevitably require special care in its final stages, manual fine-tuning of many details, thorough testing time and again.

We recently re-examined what we had achieved thus far, and faced a choice about the game's final release date. The decision we made was difficult, thoroughly considered, and ultimately clear and obvious. We could have released the game towards the end of this year as we had initially planned. Yet we concluded that a few additional months will let us achieve the quality that will satisfy us, the quality gamers expect from us. Consequently, we have set the release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for February 2015.

Oh well. Now, the only reason for my PC upgrade is Oculus Rift and final version of pCARS. Down from 3 reasons to 2.

If the last two games have taught me anything, I'm still going to be waiting a while before I get it. :p

Sad News, considering this game is major reason for my PS4 purchase.....will have to make Dark Souls, Diablo and Warframe to last till then. Ground Zeros is to small to go on forever.Destiny is the only respite, hope that doesn't get delayed too.

Back