The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [PS4, XO, NX]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by RenegadeRocks, Jun 25, 2013.

1. RenegadeRocks

Legend

Why don't we have a thread for this :???: :roll: :evil: !

The first gameplay trailer :

A full open world with graphics to melt your eye balls, boobs in numbers you can't get in real life and a fantastic art direction ! The best part is : it is coming from a non-english speaking dev, so we can have a non-standard story and story telling and a fresh cultural perspective ! I haven't played Witcher 2, but Witcher 1 was absolutely amazing in its atmosphere and exploration ! I loved roaming in those desolate, moody worlds and the protagonist is just 'Magentic' in personality !

Wither 2 introduced too much colour into the world, but thats how sequels roll these days. THe mood on this trailer seems more towards Witcher 1, so, yes I was waiting for it to be announced for next gen consoles ! And Voila, here it is :razz: !

and the biggest thing is ;
    these are the devs who go DRMless without fear and still sell their games like hot cakes : Yeah EA and MS, suck on that ! :evil:

A list of awards from this years E3:

Lightman likes this.
  2. Arwin

Arwin Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
    Moderator Legend

Certainly looks very promising.

EDIT:

Links

#2 Arwin, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited: May 31, 2015
  3. rockaman

Regular

That water looks so delicious...

Also I think Rev3 games reported that you can die in a storm while on the boat... regardless of how powerful your character is lol :p

4. RenegadeRocks

Legend

Really :lol: ! That would be sure fun to watch, if it happens to a friend though :wink: ! But yes, I was also wowed by those waves in the trailer !

The biggest reason I am interested in this is because now that it isn't limited by the X360 version anymore, they seem to be going back to the open areas of Witcher 1. Witcher 2 looked nice and all but felt like a console game thanx to its tight areas. In Witcher 1 you could see far away into the distance and just roam around soaking in the stories and atmosphere.
    [​IMG]

I just played a bit of Witcher 2, not much but it seemed very cramped in terms of spaces. With an open world and dynamic weather, Witcher 3 could be the epitome of the series till now.

5. RenegadeRocks

Legend

6. RenegadeRocks

Legend

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All from gameplay segments of th etrailer !

The game seems to lack Object based motion blur , though ! and I don't see POM here either !! Why is next gen not giving me what I already have in Doom3+Sikmod ! It looks so awesome in old Doom3:
    [​IMG]

7. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Anas platyrhynchos
    Legend Veteran

Can't wait to get my hands on this one! Easily my most anticipated game, nothing else comes even close.

8. patsu

Legend

[Shake fist] You fake, mermaid boobs don't count !
    [size=-2]I watched the video[/size]

What is the game about ?

9. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

Nice! Thanks for sharing. Two cool technology videos showing what you can do with the new engine in The Witcher 3.

FUR Simulation

Boom shafts, tessellation and other technologies.

10. RenegadeRocks

Legend

Have you played the Witcher 2? Boobs n sex galore :cool: !

Its an RPG ,multiple choices, consequences, great world, great atmosphere, multiple skill trees, alchemy, and everything else and a M rated story :wink: !

11. patsu

Legend

Nope. Haven't played the game.

Is that so ? Perhaps Dr. Evil is too shy to reply to my post. :runaway: :)

12. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Anas platyrhynchos
    Legend Veteran

Haha, it felt like a rather big question and I was just about to hit the bed when I saw your post :)

RenegadeRocks summarised it rather nicely. Imo the athmosphere in them is different than in most western games.

13. ultragpu

Legend Veteran

Looks like a true nextgen RPG, I wonder if the PS4 version would have enough power left for those furs though. The combat in the 2nd one was crap so hope it becomes more fluid and intuitive this time.

14. Jim Hansen

Newcomer

In my opinion it will be the best RPG the coming years.

Who played in the previous section, you know why;)

15. RenegadeRocks

Legend

Its actually based on the story and characters of a Polish novel called The Witcher. Being made in Poland means it feels fresh from other games and different in its aesthetics and mechanics. Witcher 1 was amazingly atmospheric and expansive :cool: ! Witcher 2 got a bit 'streamlined" and consolish, but with new gen hardware, we are hoping for a back to roots exapansive-ness from Witcher 3.

Oh! and it always has visuals to bring your PC to knees, so :twisted: ! Bring on the PS4 !

16. RenegadeRocks

Legend

Wow, the second video is awesome. THanx for the link, dude B) ! Wonder how much of it will make it through to the PS4 version. PS4 is OpenGl based system, right? Do we get the same features translated to OpenGL?

17. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

I am not a techie, so I could easily twist the facts, but why not? If those technologies don't exist in an API then developers will try to implement them one way or another, provided the hardware is capable -which the PS4 seems to be-.

This is one of the multiplatform titles that is going to put the console's hardware to the test though. The Witcher 2 needs a pretty good PC to run at a good framerate.

18. MfA

MfA
    Legend

The fact that PS4 is OpenGL is not really a problem ... a bigger problem is that NVIDIA doesn't care about the console market any more. It remains to be seen how important they think providing good cross platform support is now.

19. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

But those effects are inherent to the game, not NVidia's, I think. Or are they exclusive to NVidia cards? I mean, tessellation is present on nextnext gen consoles, and the other effects should be replicable too. Perhaps they showed the videos because they have some kind of partnership with NVidia.

20. MfA

MfA
    Legend

The effects are inherent to the game, but implemented with NVIDIA libraries and presumably for a large part directly through in-house NVIDA devrel (assuming they got the same deal as Crytek got in the past, which given the amount of cross branding seems likely).