The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

If it means to get 1080p and more optimized visuals for PS4 version then I'm all for it. Also this delay doesn't worry me too much at the moment seeing I'll have plenty of games this year such as Infamous SS, Ground Zeroes, The Order, Alien Isolation, Evil Within, Watch Dogs, Wolfenstein, Arkham Knight and of course Destiny. Yeah I should be alright.

Oh well. Now, the only reason for my PC upgrade is Oculus Rift and final version of pCARS. Down from 3 reasons to 2.

The game looks pretty damn nice. Do we have any informations on what hardware it would run? If there are no videocards now to offer reasonable frame rate, then the delay till some new generation is out, is pretty understandable...

Better than releasing it now with castrated beauties.

According to Gametech, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a very demanding title; a title that a single GTX 780Ti struggles to run when higher levels of AA are enabled. As the Russian gaming website noted, the PC version runs currently with all its bells and whistles enabled (plus 8xMSAA) with 35-45fps on a GTX 780Ti at 1080p. Naturally, a single 780Ti is able to hit the 60fps sweet spot in its current form provided MSAA is lowered.

Moreover, it is said that the PS4 version will run at 900p/30fps while the Xbox One version will run at 720p/30fps. What's also interesting is that the console versions of the game will meet the minimum graphics settings of the PC version. Gametech claimed that The Witcher 3 on consoles will look similar to The Witcher 2
http://www.gametech.ru/news/39979/ (its in russian)

According to Gametech, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a very demanding title; a title that a single GTX 780Ti struggles to run when higher levels of AA are enabled. As the Russian gaming website noted, the PC version runs currently with all its bells and whistles enabled (plus 8xMSAA) with 35-45fps on a GTX 780Ti at 1080p. Naturally, a single 780Ti is able to hit the 60fps sweet spot in its current form provided MSAA is lowered.
8X is a little extreme, especially with all the PhysX, fur, water tessellation, HBAO+and who know what else NVIDIA will stuff in there. Obtaining these fps at 8XAA is not bad at all. 4X MSAA(or TXAA) should be considerably faster.

Do we have any other details about the renderer besides the terrain?

edit:

The siggraph presentation last year did mention experimenting or pushing towards physically based rendering along with image based lighting, also ~40K tri characters (average?). Everything probably just adds up with the scale & simulation maybe.

edit:

The talk also mentioned (synopsis) that they moved to Forward+. http://advances.realtimerendering.com/s2013/ I suppose it's natural, building off of light pre-pass for W2 PC.

In the main part of the talk we present our new system that utilizes DX11 and Forward+ rendering to achieve much better results. We talk specifically about hair simulation and rendering, skin shading with a completely revised mimics animation system.
hm...mostly a character pipeline discussion in the slides though.

Wonder if we will see MSAA on console afterall. XD

The talk also mentioned (synopsis) that they moved to Forward+. http://advances.realtimerendering.com/s2013/ I suppose it's natural, building off of light pre-pass for W2 PC.
Wasn't Witcher 2 deferred? is that move really necessary? Dirt Showdown had forward+ and it didn't look convincing to be honest, not compared to other racing titles that are deferred anyway.

pushing towards physically based rendering
The footage so far don't look PBR, most materials look the same(AC4 type of look).

along with image based lighting
I always thought image based methods are useful in reflections (cubemaps), but lighting? what good will they do compared to good lighting methods? Don't think they even give any kind of good shadows. Perhaps they could enhance some aspects of specular lighting .. does that really justify using it?

Wonder if we will see MSAA on console afterall. XD[
We can all dream :D

I wonder if ubersampling will make a return
I tried it @ 5292x1050 and Ive seen photographs with higher framerates ;)

Dirt Showdown had forward+ and it didn't look convincing to be honest,
It did run like a stabbed rat though

Back