The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

I fear late 2014 (Q3) is going to be the release window...and yes I would have loved it this winter as well.
2014 is going to be a great year for RPG fans anyway.
Dark Souls 2, Diablo 3 (next-gen), The Witcher 3, Dragon Age III, Final Fantasy XV, TES Online are all 2014 releases and I suspect Deep Down will too be released in 2014.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was already sold for the game but that trailer is perfect.
Gerald is just cool. "Wait, what are you doing ?" , " Killing Monsters."

Gamersyde 300mb file.
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_the_witcher_3_vgx_trailer-14895_en.html
Man this is one of very few upcoming nextgen titles that really sends a chill down my spine and anchors my jaws down the table. We are really tapping into nextgen with graphics tech like those, not some crossgen or rushed launch titles, but assets and level design built purely for the nextgen baseline. I hope the PS4 version can maintain 1080p/30fps with 90% of the graphics in this trailer.
Praying now.

Graphically it looks solid but the combat and the exploration are still an incognita though.
I need to see more to be sure it's a worthy purchase...I have pre-ordered anyway :)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/23/the-witcher-3-new-details-to-blow-your-mind?page=1

How was development on next-gen consoles for you? How much of your vision did you have to sacrifice to gain stable frame rates on the PS4 and Xbox one?

It is extremely manageable. There is a lot of power in these machines, and I don't want to say we're using them to their capacity, but we're fairly close to doing so. We made a decision to go next-gen roughly two and a half years ago, so we've spent a lot of time with these machines, and it's been a great experience across all three platforms. On the old platforms, namely the Xbox 360 and PS3, we probably would have had to sacrifice nearly half of our vision.
So , they have spent enough time with the new consoles. Makes me happy :D ! This is almost a perfect buy for me but the only thing that worries me is that I may never complete the game and get sidetracked by other PS+ freebies and Bigwigs like The Order and Uncharted , etc. I hate it when I lose connect with a well realised RPG and when I coe back I am unable to progress as I have lost touch with its intricacies :(.

This is something I don't like when I read it:
Fair enough. Speaking of action, could you maybe touch upon the game’s new combat system?

It's really tough to describe the combat system, as it is something you have to play and experience for yourself to fully understand. We're definitely looking at a more fluid combat system with Wild Hunt, where attacking an enemy feels more natural and smooth, unlike older games where you had to lock onto enemies constantly.

What we saw in Batman: Arkham Asylum is a very cool system, and I don't want to draw any comparisons, but that's definitely part of the motivation for us. I can make gamers a promise that combat in The Witcher 3 is already fun and that we're constantly balancing it till we hit that sweet spot.

As much as the world of Arkham City is interesting and fun, I don't like the combat at all ! I would have liked something akin to action games or skill-based-precise Demon/Dark souls stuff.

Still, I am waiting with baited breath. Their whole sensibility towards games and their art style is beautiful. Same for the characters and world they create, so ethereal, so fantastical ! Their rendering, though most impressive, has a flatness to surfaces which I don't like. Maybe, its just a simple lack of POM but its a small nitpick in a flawless beauty !

Looking good! :oops:

The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt__Geralt_travels_through_war_ravaged_territory.png

The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt__Mysterious_swamps_are_often_full_of_dangers.png

The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt__You_never_know_what_waits_around_the_corner.png

Console or PC shots? I know they said the versions will comparable, but I imagine there will be some differences.

Those PC photos use downsampling on absolute ultra settings, I don't know what kind of beast of a system would be needed have that level of downsampling at those settings and run at 30fps. 99.999% of PC gamers do not have rigs currently that can play that at image quality level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back