The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

Direct Feed goodness from Gamersyde ! :devilish:

image_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt-22509-2651_0001.jpg

image_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt-22509-2651_0004.jpg

image_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt-22509-2651_0006.jpg

The last one really reminds me of Witcher 1 !

EDIT: SOme high contrast areas seem to have some image compression artifacts :???: Either that or CD Projekt RED applied some Sharpen filter in Photoshop to these screens !

http://news.softpedia.com/news/The-...eat-on-PS4-and-Xbox-One-as-on-PC-366120.shtml

RED Projekt say that The Witcher 3 is going to look as great on PS4 and Xbox One as on PC. :smile:

There won't be cutbacks because the hardware is very powerful.

According to the studio's Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, the two consoles are "very potent pieces of hardware and developing on them is a pleasure."

What's more, their power means that no visual fidelity is lost when going from the PC to the PS4 or Xbox One.

"We’re aiming to deliver the same experience on all the platforms – we’re developing The Witcher 3 on next gen platforms so visual cutbacks will not be the case here. Eyecandy for everyone," he told DualShockers.

So, I don't have to worry about us not geeting the fur simulation ?

Although, we saw it only in the tech demo, not in the gameplay trailer.

And all the DX11 features? Does it mean my ps4 question is answered? We will get equivalent features on Open Gl powered ps4?

So, I don't have to worry about us not geeting the fur simulation ?

Although, we saw it only in the tech demo, not in the gameplay trailer.

And all the DX11 features? Does it mean my ps4 question is answered? We will get equivalent features on Open Gl powered ps4?

I'm skeptical that it would use OpenGL. It's far more likely that it'll be using libgcm on PS4. And I'd be highly surprised if libgcm didn't allow for feature parity with Dx11, at least with regards to 3D graphics.

Regards,
SB

If PS4 can keep all those graphical features and nextgen wolf fur of course while running at 1080p/30fps then I would be very impressed.
As for the graphical consistency between PC, Xbox1 and PS4, I'd say high end pc can render a pack of 8 wolves with fur, ps4 renders 4 wolves and xbox1 maybe 2 wolves on screen at once. If there's one game that would put those extra 600gflops of extra performance in ps4 for gpu computing then it would be wolf fur rendering :).

NVIDIA already announced PhysX and APEX support for the next gen consoles.

Question is whether Nvidia will take the time to optimize PhysX and APEX for GCN. If not, that leaves a huge door open for other physics middleware solutions.

And then if they do, will they bother to allow those optimizations to be used in the PC space? My guess would be no.

If PS4 can keep all those graphical features and nextgen wolf fur of course while running at 1080p/30fps then I would be very impressed.
As for the graphical consistency between PC, Xbox1 and PS4, I'd say high end pc can render a pack of 8 wolves with fur, ps4 renders 4 wolves and xbox1 maybe 2 wolves on screen at once. If there's one game that would put those extra 600gflops of extra performance in ps4 for gpu computing then it would be wolf fur rendering :).

I'd expect the same things to be rendered on all platforms. The PC will just be able to do it at higher resolutions and/or higher framerates assuming a well equipped system. Although that becomes questionable if there is no 64 bit version for the PC.

Regards,
SB

I'd expect the same things to be rendered on all platforms. The PC will just be able to do it at higher resolutions and/or higher framerates assuming a well equipped system.
Regards,
SB
There will definitely be differences if only in the quality of effects, the level of tessellation etc you can mark my word on this. Here's a quote from CD Projekt Red from awhile ago.
Badowski goes on to explain CD Projekt’s stance of tailoring their efforts to “maximize the quality for each platform” and to “use their particular strengths and weaknesses.” Larger technical decisions such as DirectX 11 and 64-bit support are made globally, but each platform gets treated differently.

“Usually the weakest platform dictates the quality for all platforms, but high-quality visuals are our trademark, so we need to approach each platform as individually as possible,” Badowski says.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/08/cd-projekt-red-pc-platform/
This contradicts directly to their recent tweet and it sound like each platform will indeed be tailored more exclusively, like I said TW3 would be the one game to vindicate PS4's extra performance in 3rd party titles for nextgen.

There will definitely be differences if only in the quality of effects, the level of tessellation etc you can mark my word on this. Here's a quote from CD Projekt Red from awhile ago.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/08/cd-projekt-red-pc-platform/
This contradicts directly to their recent tweet and it sound like each platform will indeed be tailored more exclusively, like I said TW3 would be the one game to vindicate PS4's extra performance in 3rd party titles for nextgen.

If the there is a real world advantage sure. But I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't.

If the there is a real world advantage sure. But I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't.

Yah, the ps4 definitely has more horsepower, but I am not so sure about devs going that extra mile to make the game look better. I sure want them to, and CD Projekt Red is definitely the kindof dev that would, but I won't keep my hopes too high, especially for a first gen title.

Yah, the ps4 definitely has more horsepower, but I am not so sure about devs going that extra mile to make the game look better. I sure want them to, and CD Projekt Red is definitely the kindof dev that would, but I won't keep my hopes too high, especially for a first gen title.

No need of extra mile to make it apparent. If both versions are equal graphically if there is a difference in hardware will be shown in frame rate.

You never know indeed. But whenever a game is ported from PC, the console that matched the source PC most closely benefitted the most in the past, and there's a definite chance this trend may continue.

http://www.structuregaming.com/2013/07/05/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-developer-interview/

New interview! World 35 times bigger than The Witcher 2 !!

DG: The Witcher 3 will feature a new, completely revamped combat system that puts responsiveness and realism as its top priority. That’s why we had no choice but to expand the pool of combat animations available. We ended up with as many as 96 separate sequences, which will ensure that encounters don’t ever feel repetitive. Every single one of these animations was done in our motion capture studio.

DG: Players will spend approximately 50 hours on the main storyline and will have around another 50 hours they can spend on side-quests, which makes for a total of over 100 hours. Keep in mind, though, that we’ve avoided including generic or repetitive side-quests and have carefully designed even the smallest missions Geralt can take on. This way, these 100 hours will be very fulfilling.

Back