The ROM's Micheal Lee-Chin Crystal Opening Night Gala Dinner & Event

Me and a friend somehow managed to sneak into the VIP gala dinner and event for the opening of the ROM's Michael Lee-Chin Crystal. I met some of the most famous people of my life there. Here's a list of some of the people I met in person:
  • Michaëlle Jean - Governer General of Canada
  • Jean-Daniel Lafond - Film-maker, Husband of Michaëlle Jean
  • Daniel Libeskind - Architect of the Michael Lee-Chin Crystal & the NYC Freedom Tower
  • Paul Gross - Host, Actor (Due South, Men with Brooms, etc.)
  • Gordon Pinsent - Actor (Red Green Show, Due South, etc.)
  • Fraser Walters, Victor Micallef, Remigio Pereira & Peter McCutcheon - Canadian Tenors
  • Cody Karey - Musician
Of course, there were many more people present, such as Michael Lee-Chin himself, David Suzuki, David Foster and Sean Cullen. I'm certain that there were many CEOs, presidents, chairmen and other notables I did not recognize.

There were also many performers I saw at the concert, namely: Jann Arden, Jean Paul, Eva Avila, Isabel Bayrakdarin, Deborad Cox, K'naan, Leahy, Natalie McMaster, Alexandria Maillot, M'Girl, Sharon Riley & the Faith Chorale, and Dione Taylor. I watched them all at eye level from the bleachers and about 40 feet away.

In addition, there was plenty of drinks and finger foods going around. I enjoyed them greatly, as I toured the new extension for about an hour; the first group to do so. I'm certain, that I'm the first member of the general public to step in many areas of the building, and what a building it is! All in all, it was definitely an experience of a lifetime.

PS: Just remembered, I got on CityTV also. Maybe you'll see me?

Taken from my blog: dudemiester.blogspot.com
More information: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2007/05/31/rom-crystal-open.html?ref=rss

Back