The PSVR launch thread

goonergaz

Veteran
If this is the wrong place please feel free to point me in the right direction :)

So, with release just a couple days away (and just over 36 hours until I get my hands on one) I thought I'd see who's getting it and what games?

I've 'stollen' some official setup videos from GAF;

PART 1 - Unboxing

PART 2 - Setting up

PART 3 - Getting ready to play

And anyone interested can download the demo disk (all 18 demos) from the US store now;
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...disc/cid=UP9000-CUSA04579_00-PSVRDEMODISC0001

Myself I'm going to be trying the demos but am pretty much getting VR worlds and Rush of Blood. Will likely get Battlezone but want to try the demos first but have a wheel in anticipation of not getting motion sickness with Driveclub!

If you can't tell, I'm a tad excited - in fact, feeling like a kid near Christmas! lol
iframe>

Last edited:
Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Nobody in my country knows when Psvr can start shipping to customers. Even sony division in NY country know nothing except 13 Oct is the release schedule.

i downloaded playroom VR, Driveclub VR is now downloading, i took 2 days to enter the matrix.
Can't wait !
Mine is preordered since March 19 !

We've pre-ordered and are 'ready', i.e. we spend most of last Sunday re-arranging the living room to make more space in front of the TV, we cleared out the unused stuff (like the PS3) from the A/V centre to make room for the PSVR box, the PSU and the snake of cables. The Move controllers we bought months back have been paired with the PS4 and are charging in the official Sony charging cradle in on the shelf.

We've not pre-ordered anything yet but we'll probably pre-order VR Worlds. The demo disc will likely more than suffice until must haves, like Battlefront VR X-Wing release - that looks and sounds amazing. :yes:

I'll be picking up the Batman game when it's cheap, I gather it's damn good but but has limited replay value. I think VR will probably work best in short bursts, I really can't imagine playing a 20 hour game using it, let alone games that consume hundreds of hours like Fallout and Elder Scrolls.

Roll on Thursday..

Some people are saying that if you are prone to nausea, the brain eventually adapts by training in short sessions. Not sure if sony offers any recommendations about it?

People prone to nausea will die quickly when the dolphin revolution begins.

As God intended. :yep2:

I also hear from various people that motion sickness is a thing that you can get over ... Anyway, I'm very encouraged by Richard from Digital Foundry having had the thing on almost non-stop for 12 hours straight, basically from 9 to 21 he said. I'll never even have that much time. ;)

Also, I have several games I'll be looking forward to playing - Zen Pinball 2, Hustle Kings, Drive Club VR, Tumble VR, Super Stardust Ultimate HD are all games I already owned previously and although I will have to re-buy one or two of them, I'll be very curious to see how they are in VR. Zen Pinball was amazing already in 3D, so high expectations there, especially as VR will sooner have less than more lag, which was the other way around with 3D, which often had more lag.

And of course yeah, I'll try most of the demos, though not nearly all of them (I'm not much into anything horror).

Some people are saying that if you are prone to nausea, the brain eventually adapts by training in short sessions. Not sure if sony offers any recommendations about it?
my gf had to start off with about 10 minute game play sessions in what I would call the calmest experience. She's moved up in time and can play dragon front for 3 hours without taking off the rift. Its her favorite game.

I started her off with the oculus dreamscape demo which was different scenes you could look around with that had things that moved around also but was not over whelming. I am not sure what sony has that is similar. Maybe something on their demo disk like the shark experience ?

Anyone knows if Summer Lesson will be released outside of japan? I'm asking for a friend who's actually asking for another friend who needs it for research.

That game would at least need mod support.

@MrFox last year Harada said it will come to Asia. But I asked him about Asia release yesterday and he didn't give any reply :(

Hopefully this means there is a plan but he can't tell it tight now.

Because usually he answers.

Is Zen Pinball 2 coming for PSVR at launch? I haven't seen anything about it.

I've preodreded the PSVR in March, not sure if I'll get it tomorrow. Hopefully there won't be much shortages, I guess manufacturing these isn't as complicated as a new console or an iPhone 7, as there should not be that much components that have low yields or other production difficulties.
I'll be getting at least Arkham, VR Worlds, Battlezone and Rez at launch. Need to read some reviews for EVE: Valkyrie, Here They Lie, The Assembly and Loading Human first.
I'd really like some game with first person exploration, maybe The Tomb Raider VR extra mission would be good, although short experience in VR.
Oh, and Drive Club too although I'd really need a wheel to enjoy it.

I'd like some non gaming experiences too, is there any way to view some VR pron? :oops:

Edit: Yes! I am getting the PS VR today!!! Still 6 hours of work and then!!

Last edited:
PSVR got delayed for around a week in Indonesia and Malaysia

In malaysia, sony just SMS-ed today. In Indonesia, Sony doesn't know it got delayed (the delay info comes from PlayStation Retail Partners)

hahahahahahahAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GH

I just went to the store (mediamarkt) to check - there were 14 or so preorders of which I am 8th, and they got 40 of them, so I should definitely be able to pick one up after work tomorrow. :)

Should get one today too, yay! And the missing Move controller tomorrow if the seller won't screw up with the shipping. I have only one Move from the PS3 days and I've been waiting until the last moment to get the second as I figured I might be able to get the new revision, but it seems Sony are selling them in two packs only, so another PS3 Move it is (I hope Sony didn't improve the sensors or something 'cause that would suck.. for me ;)).

@MrFox last year Harada said it will come to Asia. But I asked him about Asia release yesterday and he didn't give any reply :(

Hopefully this means there is a plan but he can't tell it tight now.

Because usually he answers.

My friend's friend really hopes for a Japanese-English Asian realease, his 日本語 skills are not nearly good enough to enjoy research this game. :yep2:

Back