the phantom pain, new mgs?

Yes MGS alright. Thats definetely Snake. But is this a new MGS or MGS GZ? Not sure what to expect. Next gen or not?
The visuals look stunning btw. Kind of better than GZ.
He looks I think kind of younger than Snake in GZ. And he misses an arm??

Without any doubt, this is a part of MGS franchise... but will it be dedicated game [MGS V - why roman numeral?] or just chapter of MGS GZ [virtuous missions/operation snake eater style]? That we dont know. So far, there is too many crazy references for a "sane" game. This is some hallucination 110%.

The trailer was definitely current gen....jagged low res shadows and the part where snake looks at himself in first person you can see his lower body in it's low poly glory (extremely sharp edged trousers).

I think this is just a viral for GZ (the visuals looks similar too), and this part should be a hallucination (with mantis) since Big Boss's arm never got amputated and got replaced by a hook.

The trailer was definitely current gen....jagged low res shadows and the part where snake looks at himself in first person you can see his lower body in it's low poly glory (extremely sharp edged trousers).

I thought it looked quite high tech with the shaders effects and all, it's still got a bit of ways to go for a few things....besides some sharp edges, it looks nice imo.

I think this is just a viral for GZ (the visuals looks similar too), and this part should be a hallucination (with mantis) since Big Boss's arm never got amputated and got replaced by a hook.

I have two theories on that, his arm was never elaborated on in any of MGS lore (dealing in his older years), so maybe it was hidden in the shadows; but used in for the cloning procedures of liquid and all that. In MGS 1 the demands of Foxhound were for the remains of big boss to use for cloning his dna for soldiers.

the other theory i have is the story of this title could probably be about a troubled clone dealing with the results of experimentations. (hence the title "Phantom pain" and in the other game saying "two phantoms were born".)

...........this could be the side story of the other "phantom".

but that same quote from ground zeros could mean from "FOX ENGINE" two games are made. food for thought :)

Last edited by a moderator:
nightshade said:
Haven't you seen the ending of MGS4 ?

EDIT: He wore gloves...hmmm

He was "assembled";). Lets not forget the cyborg technology in yhe MGS world and what kind of technology Raiden had in him

COPS N RAPPERS said:
In MGS 1 the demands of Foxhound were for the remains of big boss to use for cloning his dna for soldiers.
Was it for that or to "destroy" his remains because Liquid hated him? But it was later revealed if I remember correctly
that Liquid was working for George Sears to get the biometric data necessary to access the PATRIOT AI systems?
.Correct me if I am wrong

Was it for that or to "destroy" his remains because Liquid hated him? But it was later revealed if I remember correctly
that Liquid was working for George Sears to get the biometric data necessary to access the PATRIOT AI systems?
.Correct me if I am wrong

It's clear in Mgs1 (and more so in twin snakes) Liquid didn't like being
test tube materiel
, but he dose make it clear that he wanted to carryout "outer heaven" and foxhound..... according to his interpretation of big boss.

I think
it was ocelot's idea of replicated an army of big boss, if he went through such a magnitude in attempting it with Raiden and solidus in MGS2 for the "ultimate simulator"
....you can expect it was his original motive to do that in mgs1.

mentioning one rumor that's flying around about phantom pain
---------------

this particular shot in order for it to be possible, Mgs5 would need to be a prequel of ground zeros
pp-5.jpg

According to kojima ground zeros is a prequel of 5 and is right after peace walker in which he shows no such prosthetic arm.
500x_naked_snake.jpg

It's clear in Mgs1 (and more so in twin snakes) Liquid didn't like being
test tube materiel
, but he dose make it clear that he wanted to carryout "outer heaven" and foxhound..... according to his interpretation of big boss.

I think
it was ocelot's idea of replicated an army of big boss, if he went through such a magnitude in attempting it with Raiden and solidus in MGS2 for the "ultimate simulator"
....you can expect it was his original motive to do that in mgs1.
Yeah he did want to carry out Outer Heaven.
If I remember correctly that was an effort to outdo Big Boss himself and prove he was even better than him as he thought he was the "inferior" clone. Cloning big boss didnt appear to be his aim though....why create more competition than what he already had with Snake? Why create more Big Bosses when he loathed him? He outright told Snake that he hated him because he killed Big Boss instead of him
In later MGS wasnt it mentioned that
Former US President George Sears (Solidus) was involved to cause the Foxhound coup in an effort to destroy the Patriots? Liquid just like Solidus did not want control from the Patriots and the biometric data in Big Boss's body were the key in shutting down the AI. Major Zero's Patriots have always been a thread to Big Boss's Outer heaven establishment and they would have continued to be an obstacle to Big Boss's dream and thus to Liquid's. Besides Outer Heaven was not about building an army of super soldiers, but a place where soldiers would be indepentent and fight for their selves. No government control or authority to tell them what to do and for whom to fight for

Now regarding what Ocelot wanted to do, I am not sure. He was always planning to
take down the Patriots so he needed Big Bosses body too. At the same time he admired big boss. Do I remember well that Ocelot helped Major Zero in the initial cloning (Solidus, Solid, Liquid)? So you could be right. Ocelot was forced to work for the Patriots later on and he thought that they were carrying out a by product of Major Zero's vision (by product first attempt Genome Soldiers. Second attempt training soldiers to become as skillful as Big Boss). But Ocelot did not really care about creating super soldiers with the image of Big Boss because it was different from the initial vision which was to create a symbol of inspiration modeled after Big Boss.

On the other hand Ocelot was not aware of the real deal behind the S3 plan. It wasnt really to create Big Boss-like supersoldiers through programming, but rather a small experiment that would have proven that "Selection for Societal Sanity" is indeed possible. If they could successfully program Raiden to be as capable as Snake, the collected data would have proven that whole societies can be directed and programed to think and act as the Patriots saw fit. This is what one of the AI's using the Colonel's image was talking about to Raiden. Everything Raiden thought was a choice of his own, everything he thought was a part of his own personality or just circumstantial, were things others and the patriots have set for him.

That last part to me showed how much of a genius Kojima is, and how far he sees because it's not that different from what happens in our real world societies :)
Religion?Ideas?Political parties?Ideologies?Norms? Morals? Knowledge?They arent exactly unbiased and not under control ;)
mentioning one rumor that's flying around about phantom pain
---------------

this particular shot in order for it to be possible, Mgs5 would need to be a prequel of ground zeros
pp-5.jpg

According to kojima ground zeros is a prequel of 5 and is right after peace walker in which he shows no such prosthetic arm.
500x_naked_snake.jpg

Awesome observation right there!

Yeah he did want to carry out Outer Heaven.
If I remember correctly that was an effort to outdo Big Boss himself and prove he was even better than him as he thought he was the "inferior" clone. Cloning big boss didnt appear to be his aim though....why create more competition than what he already had with Snake? Why create more Big Bosses when he loathed him? He outright told Snake that he hated him because he killed Big Boss instead of him

yeah, so that pretty much clears him out of the picture of the reasons for big bosses remains.
his detest for snake and to implicate superiority of clones, well said.

In later MGS wasnt it mentioned that
Former US President George Sears (Solidus) was involved to cause the Foxhound coup in an effort to destroy the Patriots? Liquid just like Solidus did not want control from the Patriots and the biometric data in Big Boss's body were the key in shutting down the AI. Major Zero's Patriots have always been a thread to Big Boss's Outer heaven establishment and they would have continued to be an obstacle to Big Boss's dream and thus to Liquid's. Besides Outer Heaven was not about building an army of super soldiers, but a place where soldiers would be indepentent and fight for their selves. No government control or authority to tell them what to do and for whom to fight for

correct on all points,
solidus made it clear on his stance to raiden on getting rid of the patriots and biometrics and being products themselves of it. as for Outer Heaven, " No government control or authority" yup that was their motto.

Now regarding what Ocelot wanted to do, I am not sure. He was always planning to
take down the Patriots so he needed Big Bosses body too. At the same time he admired big boss. Do I remember well that Ocelot helped Major Zero in the initial cloning (Solidus, Solid, Liquid)? So you could be right. Ocelot was forced to work for the Patriots later on and he thought that they were carrying out a by product of Major Zero's vision (by product first attempt Genome Soldiers. Second attempt training soldiers to become as skillful as Big Boss). But Ocelot did not really care about creating super soldiers with the image of Big Boss because it was different from the initial vision which was to create a symbol of inspiration modeled after Big Boss.

he was partially involved i believe, i think it was mentioned at the end of the 3, have to go back and see if it's mentioned there. anyways, yeah he was interested in the aspects of training, but i think
as tech improved so did his ambitions to explore new forms of warriors......but also don't forget the original plans did change in MGS1 after metal gear rex started to take hold, and then afterwards with ray.

On the other hand
Ocelot was not aware of the real deal behind the S3 plan. It wasnt really to create Big Boss-like supersoldiers through programming, but rather a small experiment that would have proven that "Selection for Societal Sanity" is indeed possible. If they could successfully program Raiden to be as capable as Snake, the collected data would have proven that whole societies can be directed and programed to think and act as the Patriots saw fit. This is what one of the AI's using the Colonel's image was talking about to Raiden. Everything Raiden thought was a choice of his own, everything he thought was a part of his own personality or just circumstantial, were things others and the patriots have set for him.

yes,
that was the purpose of the simulation.

That last part to me showed how much of a genius Kojima is, and how far he sees because it's not that different from what happens in our real world societies :)
Religion?Ideas?Political parties?Ideologies?Norms? Morals? Knowledge?They arent exactly unbiased and not under control ;)

yeah, true that.

Awesome observation right there!

yeah, i dug up a few things to make sure. one things for sure, it IS indeed a metal gear game.

Some people are throwing around the idea that this isn't MGS5, but in fact MGS"V"

V not in Roman numeral 5, but V as in Vita, possibly?

Back