The "Optimus" keyboard

Albuquerque

Red-headed step child
Veteran
Yes, I know, we've seen it, a gazillion times... No, this isn't a repost.

$1600.

I spent less on my ENTIRE computer (full tower case, watercooling, 650W modular Active-PFC 85% efficient PSU, quad core penryn, two ATI 3870's before they had the price drop, 4GB of ram and 1.5TB of drive space, AND Vista Ultimate) than the keyboard costs.

That doesn't make me want one any less :D

And to boot there is reports that the keyboard typing does not have a correct "Feel". You need to hit the keys very hard and people are reporting that they are getting tired real fast when they type.

I guess that is the extra feature you get for that much money.

There's allways the risk that you buy it and dont like it.

So i'll allow you to buy me one so i can test it for you and make sure your not dissapointed
now keep in mind im only prepared to do this because i like you - i wouldnt do it for just anyone...

There's allways the risk that you buy it and dont like it.

So i'll allow you to buy me one so i can test it for you and make sure your not dissapointed
now keep in mind im only prepared to do this because i like you - i wouldnt do it for just anyone...

:p

If I had that spare coin to throw around, I'd go buy a skulltrail system instead :p

Product Specifications
  • Keyboard Dimensions: Length 537 mm, Width 173 mm, Height 38 mm
  • Key Dimensions: 20.220.2 mm
  • Display Dimensions: 10.110.1 mm viewable area on each key
  • Display Resolution: 48 x 48 pixels per key
  • Frame Rate: 10 FPS
  • Color Depth: 65,536 Colors
  • Viewing Angle: 160 degrees
Unplayable!! :oops:

And that's at only 48x48 in 16bit color!!!!

Well, 48x48 pixels per key, 10fps per screen, 113 screens/keys..,

That's a combined fillrate of 2 Mpx at 16-bit color, so obviously it's pretty crap ;) Wonder if it has storage onboard for keeping those animation files, and if you gave each key it's own quicktime movie, how many you could display simultaneously until it overflowed or pegged your box.

you mark my words it wont be long before some crazy dude gets doom or quake running on one of those keys ;)

Pre-orders started last May. Ordering implies buying. The price hasn't changed, and the spec's haven't changed. And you could "buy" it a year ago.

Pre-orders started last May. Ordering implies buying. The price hasn't changed, and the spec's haven't changed. And you could "buy" it a year ago.

actually pre-order implies you can't buy. :D

I could pre-order GTAIV for months, but I can't buy it till tomorrow.

Back