The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

SILO on apple TV = Fallout + Severance
OOh, I'm in!

The Great S3 continues to be Great (y)

With Halo I previously said I didn't know what I wanted out of TV Halo.
Turns out it was this:
This is what I wanted :yep2:

Also Mandalorian S3 Pitch Meeting bang on again

Like the Mandalorian, Picard finished off with a really mixed bag, some bits frigging awesome and others, well
H6lzuGT.jpeg

it got rather bad CGI and physics and techincal stuff tho. so be prepared to turn your brain off as needed
i think thats overly harsh
i think the sets are good and its not funny satire as fallout, but more serious and mysterious
i like it, i want to learn the story and the mysteries of the silo

i think thats overly harsh
i think the sets are good and its not funny satire as fallout, but more serious and mysterious
i like it, i want to learn the story and the mysteries of the silo

The CGI and physics / tech issue was quite jarring and baffling, but if I ignored those issues (e.g. Just think of them as a summarized story without visuals), the story itself is still fine.

The CGI and physics / tech issue was quite jarring and baffling, but if I ignored those issues (e.g. Just think of them as a summarized story without visuals), the story itself is still fine.
sure that thing was a bit dumb

I'm assuming you guys mean
The turbine stuff where it runs at 1/2 power without any steam containment & you can just bash/grind/wrench at some blades and they get back to running balanced at 5-digit rpms... yeah that was video game repair stuff.
They may wind up going to somewhere really stupid but so far I'm enjoying the journey much more than most recent series (y)

The turbine stuff where it runs at 1/2 power without any steam containment & you can just bash/grind/wrench at some blades and they get back to running balanced at 5-digit rpms... yeah that was video game repair stuff.
They may wind up going to somewhere really stupid but so far I'm enjoying the journey much more than most recent series (y)

the screen is a missed opportunity to keep it have bad CGI like that, while upgrading every real life stuff with good CGI. this would hint the viewer that the screen was displaying CGI, but the silo resident didnt know that is a CGI. Rather than the viewer basically regards all CGI in the show as bad CGI

the whole turbine thing is really bad. the CGI looks bad, the story doesnt make sense.

1. after repaired, why the turbine spins normally, without filling the room with steam... despite the turbine casing was not placed.
2. why blasting a valve door with water reduce the pressure?
3. why even go inside the steam pipe? why not simply fill it with water from outsite?
4. why the super awesome ancient predecessor who made this amazing generator (per the character's monologue) forgot to add a steam escape valve?

oh and in the first place, why even race with time? why not leisurely and safely

1. close the steam valve
2. remove 2 blades at opposite positions
3. go down with the blades
4. open valve again
5. fix the blades
6. close valve again
7. install blades

assemble everything with safety first. no need to rush.

yeah suspension of disbelief is a good skill to have if one wants to enjoy things

yeah suspension of disbelief is a good skill to have if one wants to enjoy things

And for this series, especially episode 3, the ability to turn off brain.

Just stop thinking and enjoy the show.

Suspending my disbelief was too hard for me.

I just finished Silo episode 3. For however resourceful these folks are, they sure are stupid. It's as bad as orangpelupa said.

Interesting concept for the show. I hope they don't stretch it out too much. It would be nice to have it all wrapped up in 24 episodes (covering all the written stories).

I just finished Silo episode 3. For however resourceful these folks are, they sure are stupid. It's as bad as orangpelupa said.

Interesting concept for the show. I hope they don't stretch it out too much. It would be nice to have it all wrapped up in 24 episodes (covering all the written stories).
yeah if they continue with stuff like that it wont be fun, but they havent totally struck out yet

I wonder if silo episode 1 and 2 were made by totally different teams for episode 3 and 4?

The quality goes downhill and no sign of stopping

I wonder if silo episode 1 and 2 were made by totally different teams for episode 3 and 4?

The quality goes downhill and no sign of stopping
its turned into a detective series but the quality hasnt gone that much down imo. no dumb tech moments in 4 like in 3 as far as i saw

there is no show that has a starker quality difference from from one episode to the next than tokyo vice imho. first episode was directed by michael mann and was very good, second episode is starkly different

the show is good and interesting i think but it would have been a true classic if michael mann had kept directing the episodes in the same quality as the first one imho

its turned into a detective series but the quality hasnt gone that much down imo. no dumb tech moments in 4 like in 3 as far as i saw

I think for people that like raised by wolves or lost school of storytelling, then yeah the quality is still okay

Raised by Wolves started out pretty cool but it got pretty disjointed and really lost me with the giant floating snake/dragon stuff & sadly failed to properly resolve the interesting religious angle.

Back