The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

btw the intro scene in indonesia is perfect.

she says to bomb the city. and its actually a meme that the city, depok, is a mess and people has been joking/meme-ing to blow up the city.

btw the intro scene in indonesia is perfect. she says to bomb the city. and its actually a meme that the city, depok, is a mess and people has been joking/meme-ing to blow up the city.

Yeah, it's quite chilling how she says matter of factly that this is the only recourse.

The script unfortunately still awkward. It seems it was originally in English, then translated to Indonesian.

Instead of localized to Indonesian.
This is interesting and anybody who doesn't understand the spoken language would not pick up on it. What English-speakers get is her manner, her tone and the translation. I hope they do more of these intros for each episode. I want to watch the world fall.

y
This is interesting and anybody who doesn't understand the spoken language would not pick up on it. What English-speakers get is her manner, her tone and the translation. I hope they do more of these intros for each episode. I want to watch the world fall.
eah, if they keep doing intro = past, explaining stuff. its awesome. the intro scenes felt like chenobyl.

her acting was indeed good. the drinking tea scene also masterfully crafted.

the intro scenes felt like chenobyl.
6ba296b31a619a6cc71f04d3cbbffc3b.jpg

I too am enjoying it, I haven't played the games or watched much in the way of zombie things (I think last I watched was Worldwar Z in the theatre?) so I have no idea how it stands up to the canon/normal zombie lore but seems pretty solid on its own.

omg TLOU 3rd episode so good.

its basically a full-on drama, with very limited locations but so masterfully presented.

not once i yawn, very amazing achievement. i usually yawn in drama scenes.

Yes watched it myself tonight and completely agree. That is absolutely not my usual kind of TV but it was excellently done and very touching.

I'm really enjoying The Last of Us. Intelligently done (with one or two caveats in the storyline, as usual), and the third episode had a nice diorama, (if you ignore the obvious inconsistencies!). I've never watched The Walking Dead so can't compare TLoU to that, but I'd say that TLoU feels like a drama with a zombie apocalypse background as opposed to the sort of horror/drama you expect with zombie shows. Might just be me, as I quite enjoyed iZombie as well!

Usual caveats apply. In the show so far, Cordyceps is treaded almost as a conscious foe. The idea that a fungus which has evolved to affect the behaviour of insects over untold millennia can suddenly and immediately mutate to turn a human being into a zombie infection machine is just silly. We have many orders of magnitude more neurons than than insects so such a change would be utterly impossible. I get it, though, it's only fiction. I prefer a bit more logic. For Episode 3, as nice a story as it was, those couple of guys had one hell of a good life with apparently endless energy for hot water, light and heating for a couple of decade, not to mention all the wine. And plenty of food with little apparent effort required, either. Ah well, I suppose if the dystopian governments in their walled cities can manage to feed everyone, I can't complain about a couple of gay guys in their own self-built compound being able to do so.

I'm looking forward to seeing in which direction the storyline goes.

They said in the game, there were no characters like Kathleen or Perry. They were just NPCs in the game that Joel and Ellie had to get through.

the numerous things lifted from the game was executed masterfully

Yeah, given how far they differentiated from the game/story for episode 3, episode 4 was eerily close to the game - particularly the car journey script, which I was really pleased to see. :yes:

Back