The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Joel and Ellie get mighty lost then! :D I don't think the universe ever explained how the bad mushrooms came to be and what happened elsewhere in the world. There may be some places that have not been impacted because they are so remote.

E.g. mushrooms, nor their spores are probably a great threat to some Inuit tribes.
The scene in the trailer was the Indonesian doctor handling the fungi iirc.

So maybe indeed the series will explain more about the fungi. The game deliberately keep it vague

Joel and Ellie get mighty lost then! :D I don't think the universe ever explained how the bad mushrooms came to be and what happened elsewhere in the world. There may be some places that have not been impacted because they are so remote.

E.g. mushrooms, nor their spores are probably a great threat to some Inuit tribes.
Read that the show won't have spores because they don't want the actors in masks.

Not good pandemic messaging but the director did Chernobyl, where people are going to the plant drawn by the radiated fallout glowing in the dark, wearing nothing but their normal clothes.

Just finished Andor, and I think it was the best Star Wars Disney has done.
What I find very weird, is that it never got review bombed, with it being the most political SW has ever been.
There are anarchist, marxist themes, with anti-fascism predominantly all over, yet the usual anti woke suspects seem to.... like it???
What happened to "Don't mix politics with my Star Wars"....?
I guess all those things flew over their heads?

Haven't seen Andor yet and don't know but I guess the anti-fascism etc is rebellion vs empire? And you expected somebody to say that the wokes are trying to make empire look bad?

Haven't seen Andor yet and don't know but I guess the anti-fascism etc is rebellion vs empire? And you expected somebody to say that the wokes are trying to make empire look bad?
Well, I remember The Last Jedi, and people complaining about politics when it comes to war profiteering, so a series that indirectly references the communist manifesto should warrant a bit more from the Shapiros of this world.

Anyway, if you have doubts, just Google "Andor Stalin" .

Last edited:
Well, I remember The Last Jedi, and people complaining about politics when it comes to war profiteering, so a series that indirectly references the communist manifesto should warrant a bit more from the Shapiros of this world.

Anyway, if you have doubts, just Google "Andor Stalin" .

Complaints about war profiteering is usually from the left, however.

What I usually see is people complaining when something isn't "good" and then trying to find reasons to explain why it isn't "good". Politics is usually an easy one to try to point a finger at, but a good show that involves politics well will generate no complaints.

OTOH - I often see directors or movie studios attempt to blame bad reviews on anything they can think of except that their show is actually bad. So, they'll try to generate hysteria about people complaining about their show being bad because of X reason when X reason isn't why people think their show is bad.

For example, I don't think the Halo series is bad because of its inept childish handling of politics and social justice narratives. I just think it's bad period. If they had instead handled those issues in a mature way (with the exact same political and social justice commentary) that also respected the history of the Halo franchise, I'd have enjoyed it.

Hell just look at the redone Battlestar Galactica series from a few years back. Packed full of politics and social commentary handled in a mature way and people loved it despite how it initially made them uncomfortable due to the changes in the original characters ... even the ones that don't like certain aspects of "woke" culture liked it. They may not have agreed with the political characterization or social commentary but could appreciate what the writers and directors were trying to portray in that setting.

I think it's disingenuous and misleading when people attempt to discredit valid criticisms of shows, movies, etc. by labeling the critics as commies or right wingers or misogynists or nazi's or whatever. :p Sure there are going to be people that don't like something due to those things, but it's not going to be the vast majority of people that dislike a movie or show that just plain isn't good. Hell, I remember when people that didn't like the Ghost Busters remake as misogynits. I guess that would have made my Lesbian cousin a misogynist. :p

Regards,
SB

I think it's disingenuous and misleading when people attempt to discredit valid criticisms of shows, movies, etc. by labeling the critics as commies or right wingers or misogynists or nazi's or whatever. :p Sure there are going to be people that don't like something due to those things, but it's not going to be the vast majority of people that dislike a movie or show that just plain isn't good. Hell, I remember when people that didn't like the Ghost Busters remake as misogynits. I guess that would have made my Lesbian cousin a misogynist. :p
Ghostbusters was mediocre at worst.
Yet it received reviews of the lowest score.
Either the people that gave it a score of 1 on imdb, have never seen a worst film than that in their entire lives, or they were review bombing for some other reason. ;)
I'm specifically wondering about that crowd.

OTOH - I often see directors or movie studios attempt to blame bad reviews on anything they can think of except that their show is actually bad. So, they'll try to generate hysteria about people complaining about their show being bad because of X reason when X reason isn't why people think their show is bad.

There is mediocre, and there is bad.
There is a disproportionate outrage regarding mediocre films and TV series.
Obi Wan was mediocre.
Halo, I guess was bad, (didn't manage to push myself to continue watching after episode 2)
The Rings of Power was flawed but not bad at all.
Yet the buzz around it was that it was trash, even before the first episode aired.
The examples are countless at this point and there is the matter of subjectivity involved.
I personally didn't like Ghostbusters, but If I were to rate it, I would try to be objective.

Complaints about war profiteering is usually from the left, however.
Except in this case (it was in this forum), they thought it was an open attack on capitalism.
See, war profiteering bad, therefore, capitalism bad.
Why is there politics in my Star Wars, etc :p

The first episode of The Last of Us TV show is tremendous. It gives me hope that other games could get decent TV/movie adaptations given care for the source material and a generous budget.

We've been eagerly awaiting the new season of Bad Batch season 2. Now that it's released, we're disappointed at how much they shortened each episode compared to the first season. Oh well.

The first episode of The Last of Us TV show is tremendous. It gives me hope that other games could get decent TV/movie adaptations given care for the source material and a generous budget.
I liked it, but it's similar to other apocalyptic shows and movies.

Also very video game ike, they try to punch up the adrenaline.

I liked it, but it's similar to other apocalyptic shows and movies. Also very video game ike, they try to punch up the adrenaline.

I agree, and I don't know if The Last of Us will be able to differentiate enough between other post-apocalypse zombie-like TV shows to really stand out other than higher production levels. At the end of the day, does it matter is they are undead zombies of mushroom monsters?

The danger and threats are more similar than different.

The second episode of the Last of Us introduces some of the adaptations they chose to make for the TV show. First, moving a scene that takes place later in the game to a place where it makes perfect sense to drop it in. Next is the shift from spores to tendrils, which introduces a much greater narrative threat to the characters.

The final scenes were great. The whole tendrils thing is just.. :runaway: I also like start of each episode beginning with scenes from before the outbreak. I hope they continue this for all of season 1 and fill in some of the backstory about how the word well.

Back