The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

For me, the first season of the Orville didn't contain enough jokes to be a humorous take on TNG. I was expecting something a bit closer to Galaxy Quest, in some regards. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't funny.

Season 2 basically dropped almost all pretence at humour from what I could tell (I didn't watch too closely). Again, it wasn't at all bad, but I wasn't blown away by it. Not seen Season 3. I suspect I'll half-watch it at some point but I'm not rushing to do so.

I thoroughly enjoyed The Boys. A show which takes great pleasure in becoming more and more outrageous as it has developed. I've no idea where we're going to end up next season, which is always a good thing.

They boys felt like early supernatural. Where it keeps going more and more horrendous / broken / deep

Hopefully it'll get a good ending, unlike supernatural that felt pretty obvious that one of the early season (iirc 3 or 4) was supposed to be the ending.

after keeps hearing a bunch of people hyping grey's anatomy, finally i watched the 1st episode.

uh. do they don't have an MD as a consultant? for example there was a scene where defib was used to resuscitate a patient that went flatline. AFAIK, in reality, defib was used to handle arrhythmia.

after keeps hearing a bunch of people hyping grey's anatomy, finally i watched the 1st episode.

uh. do they don't have an MD as a consultant? for example there was a scene where defib was used to resuscitate a patient that went flatline. AFAIK, in reality, defib was used to handle arrhythmia.

It's primarily used for that but it is also used in CPR if the heart needs a jolt to start working again. If the heart has completely stopped then a defibrillator is unlikely to help.

From Wikipedia.

Defibrillation is often an important step in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).[6][7] CPR is an algorithm-based intervention aimed to restore cardiac and pulmonary function.[6] Defibrillation is indicated only in certain types of cardiac dysrhythmias, specifically ventricular fibrillation (VF) and pulseless ventricular tachycardia.[1][2] If the heart has completely stopped, as in asystole or pulseless electrical activity (PEA), defibrillation is not indicated. Defibrillation is also not indicated if the patient is conscious or has a pulse. Improperly given electrical shocks can cause dangerous dysrhythmias, such as ventricular fibrillation.[1]

Lacking a pulse isn't necessarily an indication that a person's heart has completely stopped functioning. So there's a chance that even if a machine is showing no pulse (flatline) that the heart could still be resuscitated.

Regards,
SB

whoa whoa. the orville ending, so goood!

aliens are aliens, different perspectives, lesson learned, etc all wrapped up in 1 nice epusode

EDIT:
despite how ridiculous and "fake" the orville looks in lots of aspects, the Orville felt more real than other more realistic-looking shows. its crazy.

Last edited:
Yes Orville finale was very good.
There's been some complaint that its 'going out with a whimper' but I think a very pleasant way to finish the season.
& possibly outright 😭
Apparently they haven't been renewed as of yet, rumored that actors have been released & sets taken down which would be a massive tragedy given they've clearly put a lot of extra money into this season and how good its been.
There's a bunch of plot lines wrapped up nicely here but plenty still open to follow-on in a new season

I'm inclined to think they might have been better to do 20 half-length episodes to give some of the plotlines their own 'quiet' episodes instead of these fewer but long all-action episodes so that this one didn't seem so different? But maybe it being so different makes it better?

I haven't really enjoyed this season of For All Mankind.
Taking it to Mars & the 90s with black Elon Jobs character & smartphones feels like too much.
This penultimate episodes' cliff-hanger feels like a jump the shark imo.
Its not like its badly written though, maybe younger ppl who didn't grow up in 80/90s would find it acceptable like I'm OK with what they did with the 60/70s? :unsure:

Upcoming GoT prequel, Lower Decks, Andor & Rings of Power lots of potential goodness/terrible disappointment upcoming :runaway:

Watched the first episode of She-Hulk and was happily surprised! I'm looking forward to the next episode, it's nice to have a Marvel comedy series. :D
I'm still waiting for the explanation why she able to recognize our reality after she became green.

Simply because she is superior to he-hulk in all aspects?

I'm still waiting for the explanation why she able to recognize our reality after she became green.

Simply because she is superior to he-hulk in all aspects?
It's actually part of the comic canon for She-Hulk, she broke the 4th wall like crazy in the comic. Some really trippy bits too. Her and Deadpool are the only two characters who can do that in the Marvel universe that I'm aware of. Notice how she was surprised with herself too when it happened?

Notice how she was surprised with herself too when it happened?
Yep! That's why I'm waiting for her to explain how she starts to realize it and how it looks from her perspective.

Other shows will simply break the 4th wall with no context. But she hulk goes to the extra mile and provides context: she became aware after she transformed, and she also was surprised

Yeah I thought it was good too. Although Moonknight and Ms Marvel also started strong but went down hill from there IMO. Still I have high hoped for this

I still hate what Marvel has done to Hulk since Endgame. The fact that he never got revenge/redemption wrt Thanos was a travesty.
But I didn't see any real evidence of She Hulk being stronger then him. That rock throwing scene seemed to be implying the opposite.

Not sure how I like HotD, the first episode seemed a bit too straight forward and predictable. I hope it improves on the character development. It seems a lot less like the earlier seasons of GoT adapted from the books and a lot more like the later seasons of GoT adapted from brief outlines.

If they don't expand beyond prior-Danni and her Uncle and the two bit nobels the story is going to be quite boring.

Well the creative people behind the show are different, maybe some overlap in the production staff but the ones guiding the series are different.

They're also probably aware of the criticisms the GoT show runners got, especially for the last season and especially from GRRM.

Yeah I would expect more characters to be introduced. GoT took awhile to introduce all of its characters. They're going to have to have some side stories from this succession battle. They want to fill 10 episodes a season there will be B and C plots.

Challenge is for them to bring in humor. One of the show runners said the jousting tournament was their way to introduce the physical battles from GoT, into a world without wars for generations so the knights had some pent-up aggression.

They better understand that violence and the hack and slash fest were not the only reasons GoT got such a huge audience.

They want to fill 10 episodes a season there will be B and C plots.

They had so much of the stories from GoT fully fleshed out including exact lines of dialogue from GRRM Books. For HotD they only have some plot outlines, so what it could become will lean heavily on the show writers. I'm not expecting them to be able to duplicate the early greatness of GoT because of that.

This is how it was explained to me, which reinforced my tempered expectations:
HotD is based on Fire and Blood, a history book with unreliable and conflicting accounts of events. Essentially, not only do they have brief outlines to adapt, but they also have to decide a single canon from the different accounts, with most much of everything else on them to write and plot.

Back