The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

I have the feeling all the Disney star wars series are the same as the movie reboots. All the main movies kinda sucked just like Obiwan and Boba Fett. But Mando is good. Just like Rogue One, the movie not really tied into the existing star wars that much, was actually good while the rest was meh.

Edit: Stranger Things S4 was great again. Also watching S3 of For All Mankind and that is pretty good again as well. Not a lot of good SF stuff going on now The Expanse stopped.

I have the feeling all the Disney star wars series are the same as the movie reboots. All the main movies kinda sucked just like Obiwan and Boba Fett. But Mando is good. Just like Rogue One.

I definitely agree the series are very much like the reboots in tone and direction, but I enjoyed the reboots (both trilogies) so that carries over to the series for me. I do also agree that Mando and Rogue One were the best of each though.

Back in the day, there was a lot of fanfic of both Star Wars and Star Trek.

So with all these streaming services, starved for content, they're basically filming these fanfic stories into shows.

Not clear it makes these fictional universes better. Just using the branding to churn out hours and hours of content. Some of it can be good but the main goal is to generate content to get subscribers, not necessarily because they have good stories to tell

Hahaha the latest episode of star trek seems trying to be a horror episode. But it was actually very funny with how stupid they are every minutes 🤣

every turn of events are so stupidly obviously predictable

Feels like the story writers deliberately made the crew dumber

for all mankind just continues to be great, what an episode the 4th one was

Anyone felt a dejavu with the latest Orville episode?

Felt like other series long ago had the exact same intro, about old cellphone, and then they emulated the person in the old cellphone, and fell in love wit the emulated person

That's not the latest episode though? Because I've seen that episode but I'm not watching the ongoing season.
So yeah, deja vu in that sense...

Orville again makes official nu-trek look like the trash it is, this time Picard S2 in the crosshairs.
Going back to fix the timeline has never been as morally difficult :runaway:
Topped off with a lovely 'relatively' quick trip back replete with colour-shift & blind-spot 👌

Strange New Worlds was definitely an improvement, they've made a much better attempt to honor ToS & episodes generally pretty enjoyable.
Plenty of issues with it like the destruction of Number 1 from a ground-breaking feminist character: strong & competent, bound to be a female captain shortly in The Cage but degraded to an incompetent commander & merely a genetically modified criminal here.
The Dr/Drs kid plot is utterly ludicrous & infuriating: incompetently fails to keep the aliens sedated in ep 1 causing a Prime directive breach, causes a run-away epidemic disaster in ep3, aside from the bit with long-term storing patterns in the transporter buffer being way too far ahead (Scotty came up with it in desperation much later and it became a TNG era thing when they rescued him & discovered the tech), the kid is dead in ep4 because the medbay completely lost power but they still keep doing that plot line.
The Gorn stuff breaks canon, there is no tension in a lot of the stuff because with most of the crew being ToS characters we know they're going to survive, most of the episode resolutions were too sudden & not properly tied to the episode plot, Pike was like a cartoon caricature with the weird hair & his attitude.
IMO would have been much better as post-TMP/lost-era with all unknown characters & a few guest appearances/references of ToS characters.

uh can anyone explain why the mandalorian season 2 episode 7

facial scan works? the empire network recognize mando's face and provided an OK

Back