The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

so far it has seemed like they flip the ship around literally last minute for deceleration burn, while having been accelerating forward for like weeks.
Hmm, don't really recall that but certainly in the books/official canon they're supposed to be doing constant acceleration/mid-point flips.

There is an episode which addresses the nature of the engines/how they are able to pull these constant high-gs without running out of fuel (though from recollection it wasn't particularly clear)

on the boys season 3, what is Hughie's job? IIRC on season 2 he was dabbing on politics, and now on season 3 he got a nice office. but I'm not sure what is his job. a mayor? a supe consultant?

on the boys season 3, what is Hughie's job? IIRC on season 2 he was dabbing on politics, and now on season 3 he got a nice office. but I'm not sure what is his job. a mayor? a supe consultant?
Have you watched the episodes yet?

ep 1 and 2. but i dont understand what huge's job is.
I've not seen any of season 3 yet, but I re-watched season 2 last weekend. At the end of that season he goes to work for Congresswoman Neuman who has an anti-supe agenda so he's probably what's colloquially-referred to as a staffer, or he manages staffers. What congressional teams do is promote their bosses agenda, drum up support, try and cut deals to achieve political aims. Unless you are rich, being a staffer is a way to get on the political ladder - and how you learn the ins and outs of congress.

TL;DR version - he works for a politician so he does what she needs him to do. It can be a rather ill-defined role. :yep2:

Ok, so I've seen the first episode of season 3 of The Boys now, and firstly.. WTF.. but also Hughie's job has changed between seasons 2 and 3. The Congresswoman now runs the Federal Bureau of Superhuman Affairs and Hughie works in some investigative capacity, identifying suspected super off the radar or supes who are suspected of abusing their powers. This doesn't make much sense because he has experience doing this (in season one he was selling over-priced low-oxygen HDMI cables to idiots) but he seems to be leveraging his relationship with the rest of the team.

But seriously.. WTF. :runaway:

I watched the latest ST:range episode last night and now I'm 8 minutes into the latest Orville episode; I have to say so far The Orville remains the best StarTrek Series ever.

I watched the latest ST:range episode last night and now I'm 8 minutes into the latest Orville episode; I have to say so far The Orville remains the best StarTrek Series ever.

Yeah. Orville even openly questioned things that were taken for granted in star trek. Making things feels more grounded and real.

Instead of the clinical and animatronic-like feeling from star trek

Yeah. Orville even openly questioned things that were taken for granted in star trek. Making things feels more grounded and real.

Instead of the clinical and animatronic-like feeling from star trek

I finished the latest Orville episode, and this season is so far beyond any current StarTrek Series. It's the topics and concepts they're covering, as opposed to the extremely flat content from ST:range New Worlds.

Yeah, Orville Ep 3 was well done but kinda disappointing.
But then the Kalon appeared and it turned into a GREAT episode

It seems Paramount+ is coming to Sky Cinema users for free in 4 days so I'll finally be able to watch STW and Prodigy as well as the latest season of Discovery.

It seems Paramount+ is coming to Sky Cinema users for free in 4 days so I'll finally be able to watch STW and Prodigy as well as the latest season of Discovery.

Nice. If I had to rate the ST's to watch, at the top of the list is Lower Decks (solid comedy), then Prodigy, then ST:range New Worlds, then ST: P and absolutely last ST: D.

Another show to watch on Paramount+ is "1883", a prequel of sorts from the Yellowstone drama series. I'd place it around same priority order as Lower Decks.

There's probably some good shows on there under The Smithsonian label too.

They have some decent movies on there too: Jerry & Marge Go large, The Lost City, Sonic 2, A Quiet Place Part 2, Queenpins.

Nice. If I had to rate the ST's to watch, at the top of the list is Lower Decks (solid comedy), then Prodigy, then ST:range New Worlds, then ST: P and absolutely last ST: D.

Another show to watch om Paramount+ is "1883", a prequel of sorts from the Yellowstone drama series. I'd place it around same priority order as Lower Decks.

There's probably some good shows on there under The Smithsonian label too.

They have some decent movies on there too: Jerry & Marge Go large, The Lost City, Sonic 2, A Quiet Place Part 2, Queenpins.

Awesome, my kid is going to be over the moon about Sonic 2. We saw it at the cinema and he hasn't stopped talking about it since. I really enjoyed it myself considering it's a kids movie.

Finished Obi-Wan and man was it pointless. Of course it never really had much chance of adding fresh kicks into the already quite thorough corporeal abuse of a dead horse. Still. No real story, juvenile handling of everything that happens. My forehead started to develop hand-shaped dents from repeatedly applied pressure.

Resetted my mind with Dr Strange 2. It's... Strange.

Finished Obi-Wan and man was it pointless. Of course it never really had much chance of adding fresh kicks into the already quite thorough corporeal abuse of a dead horse. Still. No real story, juvenile handling of everything that happens. My forehead started to develop hand-shaped dents from repeatedly applied pressure.

Resetted my mind with Dr Strange 2. It's... Strange.

yeah obi1 is really bad. made me want to yell and scream.

dr strange 2 is the madness one? i prefer everything everywhere all at once.

Back