The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

ooohhh American Gods is a TV series coming? Wow, loved that book.

Yesterday I watched the fifth episode of The OA. Even though I like metaphysic, complex, interesting themes (and whatever, even Björk; I hope you understand why I specifically mention her),
I had a hard time trying not to laugh at the full display of weird movements of which I only had a hint until now in previous episodes

Yeah. Even "UHMMMMKAY???" is a bit spoilery.
That could be a nice 'touché', but please remember that I put that within spoiler tags. :p

(my first 'Well, ok...' could mean that I have an opinion about it...
whilst the one within spoiler tags definitely means that I'm still not getting something, that I think it's a 'meh' ending, whatever...
)

Hm... ok, let's say this is half a 'touché', right? Because according to my standards, the first 'well, ok' it is (kind of).

Ok, I'll stop.

My view of the final couple of episodes of the OA are:

The sheer hilarity of the final 'movement' had myself and the wife laughing uncontrollably.

It was also incredibly lucky at the end that the gunman was a big fan of interpretative dance because otherwise, he'd have blown all of their fricking heads off. ;)

My view of the final couple of episodes of the OA are:

The sheer hilarity of the final 'movement' had myself and the wife laughing uncontrollably.

It was also incredibly lucky at the end that the gunman was a big fan of interpretative dance because otherwise, he'd have blown all of their fricking heads off. ;)
Hahahahahaha! :D:D:D:D:mrgreen: Oh, lord...

Watched a bunch of Iron Fist episodes. Marvel/Netflix really oughta stop serializing content that would snugly fit into a 90 minute film. Even if it wasn't as drawn-out it would still be forgettable unfortunately. The main character is bland and obviously cannot really fight. This meant someone had to edit around his lack of physical abilities during the fight scenes, and the results look exceptionally poor.

I was kinda okay with it for the first episode, but then it lost me pretty much immediately and hasn't managed to bounce back since. There's just nothing there besides a bunch of poorly drawn characters I do not give a damn about.

Has anyone seen legion
Ive watched the first episode and cant make head nor tale of it

Last edited:
Love Legion, much better Marvel show than the usual action crap and is a real trip. All my subjective opinion of course and it definitely won't be a show for everyone, especially being a Marvel universe show it's waaaaaay out of the box.

Just finished watching Legion last night and I really enjoyed it.

A bit whacky at times, but well produced and acted. Not surprising that it was pretty good as I believe it was produced by the same folks as the Fargo series? Would certainly explain why a few of the actors from Fargo featured in the show! Intriguing is the word I'd use to describe it as it took a lot of working out what was actually occurring at times!

It definitely gets a bit 'trippy' in places, but still very interesting. I've still got a few episodes to watch.

It was a decent show, Legion, but it took too long to get to the point its at in the season finale. It seems too filller based. I'd say the 10 episodes could be compressed down to 5 or less episodes and nothing would be lost.

Wasn't it 8 episodes? ;)

I liked it. It didn't have much to do with the real Legion though, which would involve David having thousands of personalities inside him, each with a different set of superpowers.

Wasn't it 8 episodes? ;)

It felt like 12.

It has 50 minutes of content, where typical shows only have 42 minutes. So this 8 episodes is more like 9.5, round up and you get 10.

I liked it. It didn't have much to do with the real Legion though, which would involve David having thousands of personalities inside him, each with a different set of superpowers.

I liked it, much better than typical non-premium channel shows that are utter crap, but it had an opportunity to be substantially better.

It has 50 minutes of content, where typical shows only have 42 minutes. So this 8 episodes is more like 9.5, round up and you get 10.

Wait, what? o_O
- - - -

I'm about to watch True Detective, season 2. I really liked the first season, so I was shocked when I knew that the second one was a completely different story, with different characters. Any opinions on it?

Back