The legendary, mythical AoM is back! Age of Mythology EX.

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Cyan, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

T'was probably my favourite real-time strategy game ever made. Even if my computer ran it kinda slowly back then --I even switched my GPU to be able to play it smoothly.

I reserved it at Steam -for lack of a different option- yesterday at a discount. And it hits the PC on May 8.

This is a complete feature list:

• Improved visuals: time of day, shadows, improved water, bump / specular maps, global lighting, AA, and ambient occlusion.
    • Mods via Steam Workshop, achievements, multiplayer, trading cards, leagues / badges / events, and cloud saves.
    • Other extended features: Twitch streaming integration, treaty mode, enhanced observer mode.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/04/08/see-whats-been-extended-in-age-of-mythology-extended-edition/

2. AlBran

AlBran Ferro-Fibrous
    Moderator Legend

Quite enjoyed it back in the day. Always liked Greek mythology (+ various other) and twists/retelling. Not sure I'd get this until <$10 though. Are there more comprehensive comparisons with the new graphics?

3. eastmen

Legend Subscriber

At the Boston Pax (pax east) they had a Booth for this game and surface pro 2s running it. You could play a timed demo (5 minutes) . If you beat the demo you got the steam code for the game. Which I did. If you had the highest score for the day , you would win a surface pro 2. sadly my best score was 802k while the winners all 3 days were in the million range.

The game was a ton of fun and my gf who never played a rts fell in love with it and made us get on line 4 times so she could win a copy

4. I.S.T.

Veteran

Can we not do religion and politics in the friggin' PC gaming forum? I came to this topic to read info on the re-release, not to hear people bickering about stuff outside of games and hardware. There's a sub-forum for that, go there.

5. AlBran

AlBran Ferro-Fibrous
    Moderator Legend

6. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

Okay, okay, it won't happen again.
    Just thought that telling people that to me there has to be something/someone, whatever it is, a goddess, a god or Ava Gardner, 'cos some things are just awesome in my mind and no one found the answer to that, was okay.

Reset then.

Official trailer of Age of Mythology EX:

Good night. Sleep tight.

#6 Cyan, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
  7. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

8. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

I don't have access at that link, it is here in the forum, not sure the whereabouts. :smile2: I figured out why after reading Geo's post in another forum, but I have a feeling clicking there is just going to bring chaos --especially taking into account that I am a person with rather controversial political views (nationalist) and find instinct more typical human than logic.

This is the cover art of the game, and I wonder what's that skelly, don't remember that creature.

[​IMG]

#8 Cyan, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
  9. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

ZeroEmpires, my favourite Age of Empires commentator, has the pre-release version of Age of Mythology!

I can imagine how much I am going to enjoy the recorded games in his channel already.

You can discern the differences compared to the classic version (the new interface is awesome, and very informative), :) the graphics options, the global lighting and things like that. How recorded games will work and the fact that the best recorded games ever on the original Age of Mythology can be played on the new version, they are fully compatible!! :smile2:

10. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

I pre-loaded the game this past night and it should be out today. Yep! It is available to play now. :) See you around people. Catch you later!