The Last of Us, Part 1 Remaster Remaster [PS5, PC]

A small nitpicky thing. :)

The actress playing Ellie doesn't particularly resemble her much. But these two actors have worked together before. The chemistry should be more natural.

Reactions: snc
I was insulted for suggesting this might end up looking somewhat low-budget, but these clips certainly do look low-budget to me. The lack of context and sound does not help, I know. Is it out now? Whats the general veredict from those that watched it?

I was insulted for suggesting this might end up looking somewhat low-budget, but these clips certainly do look low-budget to me. The lack of context and sound does not help, I know. Is it out now? Whats the general veredict from those that watched it?

Its a remaster....

It's not out till next year. If the lack of sound and context do not help, maybe watch the proper trailer before passing judgment?

It's not out till next year. If the lack of sound and context do not help, maybe watch the proper trailer before passing judgment?

Yes you are right. I should not pass judgement, even based on the trailer alone, nor do I intend to. Thats why I made sure to be verh clear about how off the cuff and uninformed my early gut-impressions were.

I am sure I seen Bill in the trailer.

Remember, they're in this mess because Joel needs a car. :D

I hope they bring Bill back to the games someday.

Enjoy the Naughty Dog its-coming-its-coming-its-mysteriously-delyed-its-coming experience that PlayStation owners have learned to hate, PC owners. :runaway:

Enjoy the Naughty Dog its-coming-its-coming-its-mysteriously-delyed-its-coming experience that PlayStation owners have learned to hate, PC owners. :runaway:
Will they need to also wait for a post-release PC Shader Stutter patch?

Will they need to also wait for a post-release PC Shader Stutter patch?
If they had to for Uncharted port, then yes. It's part of the 'freedom' of gaming on Windows.

If they had to for Uncharted port, then yes. It's part of the 'freedom' of gaming on Windows.

I think review copies had this issue, but in terms of the actual shipping product to consumers, UC4 shipped with it included. Despite it not being the most supremely optimized title in other areas, it actually handles this issue extremely well.

Looks like it performs just as bad as Uncharted 4 if these specs are accurate. Perhaps something about the ND engine just requires too much effort to be worth changing to ensure good PC performance. Nixxes did Returnal so I’m assuming this was done by someone else?
I would guess ND did it themselves

Yeah those are pretty hefty, basically 2080TI required to match (?) PS5 res/settings. 7900XT requiring FSR to get 4k/60 is pretty surprising too, albeit that's at Ultra which when considering a 6750 is good enough for 1440p/high at 60, must be pretty demanding too.

That was also Uncharted 4's biggest problem - not necessarily the GPU load at Ultra, it's that lower settings barely improved performance too, it just didn't scale that well. So we'll see how they do in this area.

Last edited:
I still cant believe PC gamers take these 'requirements' seriously. I mean, I am genuinely bewildered at how every single time people take them as gospel and then every single time they are not actually accurate, nearly without exception.

Like, why is there a higher CPU requirement to go from 1080p/60fps to 1440p/60fps with the same settings? Come on now folks, these are always just rough guesses by the developers. They dont have the time or desire to actually buy a giant benchmarking setup to test all this stuff out.

EDIT: These requirements also suggest you NEED an SSD to run it at all. Y'all really think that'll pan out?

EDIT2: Ha, they even suggest you need a 5800XT to run it at 1080/60fps/High. Except ya know, no such GPU even exists. If you really need more proof they are just kind of winging this stuff...

Back