The Kyle Experience: Texas BBQ *spawn*

Kyle's one of those guys who start bellyaching and making noise if you don't treat him as if he and his site is special. Comes with being a texan who thinks very highly of himself, I suspect.

It tells me that the HardOCP guys are as whiny as ever. The fact that they always react like this shows why AMD doesn't care to deal with them anymore.
Kyle Bannit is a pompous redneck, his whole site kind of has a redneck quality to it, their articles are always simple compared to other sites, their testing methodology is Kyle's texas sized ego running wild, thinking their method of testing is so great and superior to sites like TR who started doing frame time analysis, where there isn't any silly subjective feel wrt framerate with plenty of room for human error and of course bias.

Roy Taylor worked for nvidia marketing before AMD and he said Kyle wasn't "fair". That would already raise some eyebrows but Roy was fiercely criticized at the time. Now with these articles Kyle is just proving Roy right.

So when Roy was at nV, Kyle wasn't fair, and now he is at AMD, he isn't fair? You know the common denominator in that is? Its Roy lol.

Going to post these just for reference when Roy was part of nV.

http://www.bit-tech.net/bits/2008/09/25/roy-taylor-on-physics-ai-making-games-fun/1

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Nvidia-039-s-Roy-Taylor-Nobody-Cares-About-ATI-85417.shtml

I have met this guy in person and I can tell ya, the problem is coming from him, his view and the way he talks, are so absurd, and if you counter him he gets pissed off a treats that person like a dick, even though his views are f'ed up.

And ya know what, if ya treat a person like a dick, ya better get ready to receive it back the same way you dished it, Roy can't do that.

its like trash talking on a basketball court, if you can't back up what ya talk and aren't ready for the retaliation, don't say anything to being with.

All the the [H] articles since the nano debacle, is retaliation for stupid things stated to being with. And I am 100% certain it won't go away that easily for AMD, unless they come to a common ground with Kyle. And that is Kyle's personality.

So what is the problem, its both sides? yes its both sides, but the only one that can fix this issue is AMD, Kyle won't back down, nor does he have to.

Last edited:
Kyle's one of those guys who start bellyaching and making noise if you don't treat him as if he and his site is special. Comes with being a texan who thinks very highly of himself, I suspect.

I don't see how being a Texan has to do with anything. Trust me when I say from personal experience that plenty of us have low opinions of ourselves.

So we have two people that like to trash talk, but only one is being childish publicly. Is it really worth for AMD to deal with Kyle? Execute first and then deal with him I say!

I can't talk about Roy and respect your view of him (I can attest that first person accounts of other people behavior count a lot), but I perused hardocp forums once and Kyle sounded like a pain in the ass...

What is so childish when you tells his point of view on a product based on insider info, which btw, was pretty much understood what was going on with Polaris anyways.....

Its one thing to say something and wait for a response, which I think that is what Kyle is looking for, and another thing where AMD is now ignoring something that they started. If they did the ignoring thing from the beginning, (nano crap), it would be have been good, but no that didn't happen.

Yes I will say that because of the way AMD has been marketing its product and they only started saying mid range after hints of Pascal was, and it was solidified with the launch of Pascal a month or so ago, do you realize that the performance segment is just as big as the mid range segment, AMD will be willing to give that away for an entire half year, they just want nV to have higher margin products then them? really either AMD is a generous company or just incompetent at doing business. Most likely something happened where they are forced to give it up.

So the entire TAM thing by AMD is BS,
A) VR ready systems are 2k ish or so 150 bucks less on a graphics cards doesn't put a dent into a VR system total cost. A person ready to put down 2k for a system, will go with a card that is a 150 bucks more, that's common sense 8% of total cost is not a big deal.

B) By focusing on Midrange products, AMD is giving up a 100 bucks or so per product to nV, that is a large cut on their bottom line. We have seen this happen before, last year! And we saw the marketshare hit by halo products.

C) They have a month to two months before competition for Polaris hits, going by their NDA date June 29th, if launch date or availability is out more than that depending on OEM vs Consumer products, well yeah that can shorter.

Last edited:
Yes I will say that because of the way AMD has been marketing its product and they only started saying mid range after hints of Pascal was

Bullshit.

The very first Polaris press release from early January states:
Polaris-based GPUs are designed for fluid frame rates in graphics, gaming, VR and multimedia applications running on compelling small form-factor thin and light computer designs.

So either people stop making shit up in order to create "AMD's Doomed" drama or we should change the thread title to:
- Let's make shit up to create "AMD's Doomed" drama

Which is exactly what Kyle Bennett did, either way.

That was for P11 dude and yeah you going to go down that road again about confusing form factors with me? Where do you see midrange there? I don't see it do you? The first time AMD ever mentioned they were targeting midrange was after Pascal's announcement.

You can go back and see anytime H has ever reported on a rumor that wasn't verified or stated as rumor?

You think he is like Charlie or like Adorned? What does that do for the credibility of the a site that has been around for years? That would be stupidity right?

Kyle might be arrogant, sometimes an A hole, but is he stupid?

Quite the contrary to stupid, he knows what he is doing and why he is doing it, he is looking for a specific response. And that response has to come from AMD otherwise he ain't going to stop.

Last edited:
That was for P11 dude and yeah you going to go down that road again about confusing form factors with me?

Where exactly does it say "that was for P11" in the press release, dude? Because the title of the press release clearly says:

And then speaks of Polaris GPUs in plural.

So if you please, by any means necessary tell us where exactly that press release only refers to Polaris 11 and not to Polaris 10.

Where exactly does it say "that was for P11" in the press release, dude? Because the title of the press release clearly says:

And then speaks of Polaris GPUs in plural.

So if you please, by any means necessary tell us where exactly that press release only refers to Polaris 11 and not to Polaris 10.

Do you see midrange?

I don't, look and try to find somewhere they talk about midrange targets. Prior to march, I have, couldn't find one. I wanted to prove Kyle wrong, because I thought they did say it in Jan but they didn't.

And yeah I don't need glasses, so the big fonts, don't do it for me ;) smaller than 10 is better for me.

You want my notes, to be late with an underpowerd GPU and expect people to buy into the BS. It has never worked in the past, and it won't work now.

I can tell you right now, I know now that Polaris is worse in perf/watt than Pascal, i was saying 25% that was incorrect, since that was a estimate... Depending on the game its in the range for 15-30% difference. You can pick the games out by that I think.

You guys want to talk crap, I'm up for it, I have more information about things, but I just don't dwell on it.

Kyle is right about many parts of his article, if you take his personality out of the article its easy it see, instead you guys focus on him, instead of what the information is. And I did the same mistake when he first posted here, I was looking at his personality, instead of what information he had.

Yeah, they were hoping their new 230mm^2 GPUs focused on power efficiency and dedicated to "small form-factor thin and light computer designs" to be their top-end cards and beat nvidia's 315mm^2 offerings.

This conversation is ridiculous, and so is this thread. Thank god this garbage was taken away from the main threads.

I can tell you right now, I know now that Polaris is worse in perf/watt than Pascal, i was saying 25% that was incorrect, since that was a estimate... Depending on the game its in the range for 15-30% difference. You can pick the games out by that I think.

:rolleyes:
Hello Kyle 2.0.

Yeah, they were hoping their new GPUs focused on power efficiency and dedicated to "small form-factor thin and light computer designs" to be their top-end cards.
This conversation is ridiculous, and so is this thread.

:rolleyes:
Hello Kyle 2.0.

You can go a back and look at what I stated about the g80, the r600, the fury X, well before they came out, yeah I know things..... ;)

transistor density is what you have to look at, how many transistors is P10, care to figure it out? how much do wafers cost now? You want to do the math with the cost of transistors doubling from the 28nm node and figure out how much these chips cost?

Or you to lazy to do that and just make a general assumption that that size should be mid range?

Back