The impact of content farming on product analysis

Can we stop posting garbage YouTube benchmark videos? 99% of these channels are fake content farms in an office in India where they found out a different revenue stream vs call scamming.

No, unless you can prove these video's are made by fake content farms in an office in India.

Some of them actually post good video's and not to mention your comment is borderline racist.

No, unless you can prove these video's are made by fake content farms in an office in India.

Some of them actually post good video's and not to mention your comment is borderline racist.
That's not how any of this works. They're almost all exclusively trash fake videos in content farms. You prove to me a video that's linked is a real channel with a named human person behind them.

Take that last few for example, "exclusive review" from 1 month to several days before press embargo with utter bullshit statistics that we now know are complete nonsense;
Official reviewers like LTT couldn't even test the cards in time until AMD gave them a working driver a few days before embargo, yet alone a no-name guy 1 month ago.

Almost all these are just outright fabricated data figures with a random number generator producing the overlay statistics. Sometimes they screw up their RNG script with things like FH using 28/32GB RAM:
This is a channel with 400k+ subscribers.

This is not limited to PC benchmark channels, there's several thousands of these channels on every topic, especially stuff like camera comparisons, both in smartphone world and digital cameras.

Utter fake nonsense on claimed reviewed devices that aren't even release for several months, and it's just the tip of the iceberg of the cesspool that are these content farm videos.

Sorry for the huge OT rant here, but people just don't realize just how bad things are in regards to these channels.

That's not how any of this works. They're almost all exclusively trash fake videos in content farms. You prove to me a video that's linked is a real channel with a named human person behind them.

Take that last few for example, "exclusive review" from 1 month to several days before press embargo with utter bullshit statistics that we now know are complete nonsense;
Official reviewers like LTT couldn't even test the cards in time until AMD gave them a working driver a few days before embargo, yet alone a no-name guy 1 month ago.

Almost all these are just outright fabricated data figures with a random number generator producing the overlay statistics. Sometimes they screw up their RNG script with things like FH using 28/32GB RAM:

This is not limited to PC benchmark channels, there's several thousands of these channels on every topic, especially stuff like camera comparisons, both in smartphone world and digital cameras.

Utter fake nonsense on claimed reviewed devices that aren't even release for several months, and it's just the tip of the iceberg of the cesspool that are these content farm videos.

Sorry for the huge OT rant here, but people just don't realize just how bad things are in regards to these channels.
Reminding you of your reply (post #212) where you stated:

"Can we stop posting garbage YouTube benchmark videos? 99% of these channels are fake content farms"

This reply provides ZERO evidence nor does it prove your claim that 99% of them are fake content farms.

99% is an extremely large number to claim and posting a few channels as 'evidence' doesn't cut the mustard.

I would also like you to explain your racist stereo typing scam callers to people of India when it happens in every.single.country.

Last edited:
"Can we stop posting garbage YouTube benchmark videos? 99% of these channels are fake content farms"

This reply provides ZERO evidence nor does it prove your claim that 99% of them are fake content farms.

99% is an extremely large number to claim and posting a few channels as 'evidence' doesn't cut the mustard.

I would also like you to explain your racist stereo typing scam calling to people of India when it happens in every.single.country.
You're taking things so literally to the point you come across as high functioning autistic. Don't do that.

And what's wrong with being high functioning autistic?
In aggregate, nothing.

They do have a tendency to inappropriately take thigs far too literally (as you did), make mountains out of mole hills, and choose nonsensical hills to die on. Quite frustrating as a game developer who has to wade through feedback like "it's ruining your game that all the spaceships aren't spherical, because that's how it would actually work."

High functioning autistic people who teach themselves not to act in this sort of manner tend to have a lot of advantages, and are much more likely to be free thinkers than someone neurotypical.

In aggregate, nothing.

They do have a tendency to inappropriately take thigs far too literally (as you did), make mountains out of mole hills, and choose nonsensical hills to die on. Quite frustrating as a game developer who has to wade through feedback like "it's ruining your game that all the spaceships aren't spherical, because that's how it would actually work."

High functioning autistic people who teach themselves not to act in this sort of manner tend to have a lot of advantages, and are much more likely to be free thinkers than someone neurotypical.

So why did you say "don't do that' implying being high level autistic was bad.

And this is a forum where people are expected to accurately state and articulate what they mean and not say something but really mean something else.

So on that regard stating '99%' in that instance is borderline trolling, on top of the racial stereotyping.

So why did you say "don't do that' implying being high level autistic was bad.
Because behavior that makes you people think "this person might be autistic" is always bad behavior, while good behaviors that correlate with high functioning autism like consistency, an individual moral code, expert subject knowledge, etc. are seen as virtues per se and not a sign of autism. If you are high functioning autistic and you are able to play to your strengths while you are also able to overcome your weaknesses, then society won't see you as an autistic weirdo, but rather as a neurotypical exemplar.

Uh, what?

Let me rephrase it for you........

If someone makes a claim that you feel is poorly founded and incorrect and you challenge it is that an autistic trait?

If someone makes a comment that could be considered stereotypical racism and you point it out is that an autistic trait?

If someone makes a claim that you feel is poorly founded and incorrect and you challenge it is that an autistic trait?

If someone makes a comment that could be considered stereotypical racism and you point it out is that an autistic trait?

No, neither is an autistic trait, but both questions are non-sequiturs. Arguing doesn't make you look autistic in and of itself. Why and how you argue may or may not make you look autistic. For example, if you take an obvious figure of speech and try to hold someone to it literally, that looks autistic. Normal, well socialized people don't do that.

Ditto for the second question. Depends how and why. But you really seem to be coming out of left field with your example.

Arguing for pages on end on an internet forum about some off topic triviality, which we're dangerously approaching, also comes off as autistic, so I suggest that if you want to continue this we can move it to DMs.

No, neither is an autistic trait.

Both of those points are all I did in my previous comments - (I challenged his claim of '99%' and pointed out his his stereotyping)

But then you chime in and start talking about my actions being high level autism when neither is a trait of autism as you've just clarified.

So all you've done really is nothing more than borderline trolling.

I've added you to my ignore list.

The channel with 400k is the most legit the guy works at a computer shop has all the hardware.. you are wrong

The channel with 400k is the most legit the guy works at a computer shop has all the hardware.. you are wrong
The fact that people are fooled by these pieces of shit and defending them is just amazing. The old "i work at a shop" explanation is literally a meme by now because that's what half of these channels have in their About pages.

Take this for example:

His 7900XTX frequency overlay random number generator locked in at 2250MHz +- 4MHz for every single game, even though that's completely bullshit and demonstrated by many other sites; https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-radeon-rx-7900-xtx/38.html

I literally have the card and that is NOT how it behaves.

The memory frequency is just outright wrong, it should be 2485MHz and you cannot downclock it. It's wrong because he typed it in wrong in his overlay script. Just like he typed in his memory usage wrong in his FH5 video I linked previously with it using 28GB.

The power overlay is nonsense unless he power limited the card (a card which we don't even know anything about, what variant, brand? doesn't matter - it doesn't exist because the whole thing is a video editing exercise).

He goes on to make another video, take the Forza section as an example:

Suddenly, in the same game, same video setting, what I would assume is the same card, his GPU frequency goes up by a notional amount, his GPU memory is where it should be, he gets a power boost to where the figures should be.

What's the difference between the two? The difference is that he had a few more days to read real reviews and to fine tune his overlay script to more realistic values.

It's all fake garbage.

Are you basing that on what's written in the about section on youtube? I'm assuming you are referring to "Testing Games."

In general I would be rather skeptical with respect to the source if they never have any unique visuals of the hardware being tested and test setup, and all media is basically just generic images/assets with no actual unique identifiable content (even just partial visual/audio of the person involved). However going forward with AI image and content generation well...

I've left the personal back and forth posts about perceived autistic traits in this thread off-shoot since I don't want anyone to think the moderation team doesn't care about that kind of discussion, or doesn't want to see it, or anything that would make a moderation decision like that seem insensitive, but there is a better place for it than either a product analysis thread, or this off-shoot about content farming.

On the content farming issue, the hyperbole about it 99% coming from India or it being borderline racist to say so should be left at the door.

The content farming issue is important to discuss though, I'd like to see that ruminated on in a good way.

Last edited:
It seems in the near future AI will be capable of generating entire videos like this. Even now the language models can do "videogame journalism" articles that are truly indistinguishable from the usual human authored stuff. Adding AI generated audio and video seems like a logical next step. But we're not there quite yet. AI images are fantastic IMO, but current AI video seems to have originated from somewhere within the Eye Of Terror, possibly from the mind of Slaanesh itself.

Back