The history of ATI

I'm interested in the history of ATI and can't find any info for the first 10 years of ATIs life (1985-1995) :cry: I have searched the internet for over 4 hours now and can't find a single thing.... It seems like ATI wasn't even a company untill it released the 3d rage. Anyway if any anybody could provide any info or URLs I would be very thankful.

I remember tons of different video cards available during that period of time which means ATI was just a tree amongst the forest. In addition the Internet wasn't yet that big for the general populace so articles and what not especially in the 80's would be absent.

Yep, keep on contacting ATI until you get maybe an old timer. You could always E-Mail K.Y. Ho to see if he can direct you to the right place.

"You could always E-Mail K.Y. Ho to see if he can direct you to the right place."

thats a joke right? I really don't think a CEO of a massive company like ATI would have the time to answer my e-mail :p Anyway if your not joking and can provide the e-mail adress I'll e-mail him right away :)

Yep, just start emailing away if you want info. You got to ask if you want to receive. Besides some of the ATI employee's here might be able to direct you to the right source. Now why do you want to know the history?

"Besides some of the ATI employee's here might be able to direct you to the right source. Now why do you want to know the history?"

Does ATI have employee's working at beyond3d? And as to your other question, I'm in grade 10 and doing a business project on ATI as a corporation and a requirement for the project is the companies history. You might find it interesting to know that ATIs first Graphics card was called the Graphics Soultion (released in 1985), 128kb of pure speed Heres the specs if your interested :)

NO, some ATI employees post on their own time here and only represent themselves and not ATI. Thats cool on doing a project, well you might try writting ichneumon@rage3d.com to see if he can direct you to a good source, I believe he is the founder for Rage3d.com and knows alot about ATI and does have contacts at ATI that maybe be able to help you out. I like your persistance and determination to do an accurate report.

Now you old timers here how about helping Freak'n Big Panda out if you know anything :).

Heard from Freak'n Big Panda on email... but just for the record... I'm not the founder of Rage3D. MrB and Roki started it close to 4 years ago. I've just been doing a lot of work for the site over the last few years.

Back