The guru3d review

micron

Diamond Viper 550
Veteran
Just a small question. Hilbert got an NV40 to review also, here and his review is strangely lacking any pictures of the board(he always takes lot's of pictures) The one picture he does show, isnt of the actual card he reviewed. What gives?, are some websites trying to hide the big cooler?

maybe he never had one in house but went to nV HQ and did benchmarking there instead...

no idea, just a guess

Well, since there seemed to have been last minute modifications, maybe he felt that taking a pic wouldn't show what the end product would really look like?

Was going to say something about guru3d and bias, but I can't really see how taking an image of a modified board would hurt nvidia and thus mooting the bias point...

MrGaribaldi said:
Was going to say something about guru3d and bias, but I can't really see how taking an image of a modified board would hurt nvidia and thus mooting the bias point...

If a board has to be modified to make it work I dont see how that could possibly be good for anybody

MrGaribaldi said:
Was going to say something about guru3d and bias,

Hey go ahead i don't think anyone here minds. Everyone know Guru3d is biased. I still remember that 30 page review or something they made claiming it to be the ultimate guide for the NV3x and R3xx gen and they crowned NV30 the winner :oops:
but then again it's Guru3d so :LOL:

reever said:
MrGaribaldi said:

If a board has to be modified to make it work I dont see how that could possibly be good for anybody

Apart from people who want to use and would therefore prefer it actually works, perhaps? Patch wires, hand soldered components etc on unqualified review samples aren't exactly uncommon.

Back