The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by mckmas8808, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheezdoodles

Veteran

While the cars may not be photorealistic, its certainly the most photorealistic game i have ever seen, except for maybe crysis at times

2. the ignoramus

Regular

Game related question here for those that have completed the events.

In the Class B races, there is a 1 lap overtake challenge on the High Speed Ring which must be done with the Integra. I have not been able to place first.

What I do is hit the straight stretch, pass one or two cars, head into the oval, then overtake the first few cars on the outside, while heading down the straight stretch to the next corner. I take the corner from the outside, and use the cobblestone to decelerate so that I can still maintain a speed above 95 m/ph. As I come to the suspended bridge and past the first speed marker, I am usually 4.5 seconds behind first place and in either seventh or 8th position. By the time I get under the underpass and out from beneath it, I am maybe 5th or 6th place.

I can overtake the vehicles in 4th, third, and even second place, but I cannot place first.
    I am using a Dualshock controller, with Automatic transmission, is it possible to get first place without a steering wheel??!!!
    Or hell, even without using Manual Transmission?!!

3. djskribbles

Legend Veteran

those kind of events are all about drafting/slipstreaming the other cars. i just kept going until i beat it, but there are methods that others have found helpful (starting at a certain time etc.).

4. Cheezdoodles

Veteran

On those missions you need be a tad lucky with car positionioning and drafting. If cars line up well, you can draft all your way to gold, if not, no chance of getting gold. Doesn't matter if you use a dualshock controller, or automatic, can still easily be done, just need to be lucky with car positions.

5. DJ12

Veteran

Easy, cheat.

Do not slow down for any corners until you are over the bridge. If you stick close to the right hand edge on the left handers you should make it round each corner without losing too much speed.

6. thambos

Newcomer

It took me like 10 tries to get 1st. You just have to draft behind the cars the whole way keeping the car floored or off the accelerator (when the driving line is telling you to slow down). Overtake the cars fast when you get close behind them then position yourself behind the next car no matter how far away it is. the drafting isnt very accurate in that a car can be 10 length's ahead of you and you can still draft it. the drafting helps your acceleration a ton & it's the only way i've found to beat it.

7. patsu

Legend

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/07/30/a-grand-update-for-gran-turismo-5-prologue/

Major enhancement is GT TV. Hopefully they continue to evolve the model until it pays off.
    Other gameplay goodies are:

EDIT: May be they should have RSS for PS3 just like PSP. It's useful to push subscribed content down, or to alert people of new content.

EDIT 2: Official release notes from PD: http://www.gran-turismo.com/en/gt5p/news/d2359.html

8. rendezvous

Regular

And just in case you missed it from Patsu's link to PlayStation.Blog.

So update tomorrow and start downloading...

9. desmond

Newcomer

Anyone else having trouble downloading?

10. Arwin

Arwin Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
    Moderator Legend

I see a lot of my friendslist back on this game today. I've just started the update, will let you know if there's trouble.

EDIT: no, smooth sailing. Also got a new location right away, with some new light and smoke effects (nothing really special).

#2290 Arwin, Aug 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2008
  11. manux

Veteran Regular

My updating isn't going so well... but I read from gtplanet that sounds have been greatly improved and now the turbos sound real. Can't wait to try and hear the real thing. Nothing like letting some pressure out of over blow valves.

12. Fu3lFr3nzy

Regular

I've read the threads at GTP, though no one seems to have impressions on the supercharged cars ingame.

Help anyone? :sad:

13. manux

Veteran Regular

Could you be more specific? the cars sound mildly better and tires have been tweaked so that they have more grip. That's based on 3 cars I tried. Also the sound of engines is more irregular, metallic even. It's better definately now.

#2293 manux, Aug 1, 2008
  14. Fu3lFr3nzy

Regular

More specifically on the SC pulley(the one that makes a high pitched noise during acceleration)

I am having a hard time hearing it when driving the SL55 AMG, and I've never had a Ford GT so I dont know if its more audible in that vehicle.

15. Cheezdoodles

Veteran

Il test a few supercharged cars in the game and give you my thoughts later.

Had a supercharged merc until recently myself, gotta love the noice on some of these engines. Mine sounded like a WW2 fighter.

#2295 Cheezdoodles, Aug 1, 2008
  16. manux

Veteran Regular

I liked how 599 ferrari sounded after patch... very similar as earlier but those metallic irregular tones on lower rpm's.... very cool

17. -tkf-

Legend

Movies are purchased for 14 days only. So its more like a rental. There is a digital progress indicator in the top right corner in your garage(?).

I am curious on their quality... but download isn´t blazing fast.. :)

18. DJ12

Veteran

Thats because the required firmware update that includes some sort of P2P protocol is not out yet.

It's all in the GT5P news if you read it.

19. -tkf-

Legend

Well that doesn´t change the fact that it was slow, i could read the news over and over again and it wouldn´t make it faster :)

Personally i have nothing against Blizzard and now GT5 relying on others to provide a service. But i think they should be able to do it themselves.

20. -tkf-

Legend

The Top Gear Episodes look very bad. Ferrari Episode 1 looks ok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.