The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by mckmas8808, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi2016

Veteran

Photos and videos of the track in GT5P and you think it's unlikely?

Would you believe me if I told you the sky was blue?

2. Cheezdoodles

Veteran

Of course they will. They allready said they would, and they have been doing it ever since this thing came out in japan. The originial EU version had 40cars. Now we got 70ish. We have gotten new tracks aswell. They hinted for a damage update in the fall, along with new cars etc.

3. DJ12

Veteran

They've had them for a long time, even before GT5P came out, yet still they aren't in the game.

Everyone knows they have special versions for events/dealerships but that doesn't mean they are going to add them to the game.

4. DaJuice

Newcomer

Yesterday I saw one of the replay modes that I hadn't noticed before. The roof cam with the fisheye lens and motion blur. I'm wondering how the fisheye distortion was done... the resolution is noticably lower, so it's probably a 2D warping effect being applied. The motion blur looks hot, wish there was a way to have that in-game (I'd settle for a 30fps mode).

Agreed. I usually switch between the hood cam and in-dash. Hood cam doesn't obstruct any of the track, but with the in-dash view you are actually centered inside the car, and it feels more natural.

5. -tkf-

Legend

Any news on setting up custom private games?

6. FirewalkR

Regular

Do a few laps in London and then watch the replay with that camera. It's amazing. :shock:

7. rendezvous

Regular

GT Academy

GT Academy is now online.

Register at http://www.granturismoworld.com/ for a chance to win a place as a driver in the Nissan team in the 24 hour race in Dubai next year.

8. Enzyme

Newcomer

And we are excluded. :cry:
    Why oh why?
    Are we not a European country??? :cry:

9. Nesh

Nesh Double Agent
    Legend

God damn!

I would love to go there. It is my dream to do a race like that!!

10. Arwin

Arwin Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
    Moderator Legend

Holy ... This is pretty crazy big!

The value of the prizes (among others for tax purposes) is estimated at:
    (Silverstone Event): € 9000
    (Program for obtaining International Racing License / MSA): € 132.000
    (Taking part in the 24-hour of Dubai event): € 75.000

I don't think I've ever seen anything that big related to game prizes, certainly not in the West (South Korea is something else).

11. Fu3lFr3nzy

Regular

Seeking advice on the A-Class races.

I need a car for the Muscle Car event and im not sure which one to pick.

Also, what would be an easy money making race(im not in S-Class yet :wink: ). For me, the A-1 Daytona Oval race seems to be the fastest and easiest(20k), though theres a similar race in B-Class only with less money (12.5k?) and 2 fewer laps (3 as opposed to 5).

12. Cheezdoodles

Veteran

I did timetrails challenges for money, you only need one lap and the money is very good per minute on some tracks.

13. slapnutz

Regular

Just a question, is navigating (loading) through menus and modes in GT5P faster than it was on GT4?

...if so, is it faster than Forza 1 or Forza 2 also?

14. Freak'n Big Panda

Regular

15. Cheezdoodles

Veteran

I find it just as "fast" as in GT4, only there are fewer options. It also kinda loads a bit much when your going through menus in GT5P.

Forza is faster in this regard but i like GT4 menu setups much better than Forza 1 &2

16. Fu3lFr3nzy

Regular

Im still stuck in A-Class races because I still havent picked a Muscle Car :lol:

I assume you cant use the tuned versions of the same vehicle(ala Ford GT LM) and ill have to purchase the normal version :sad:

17. Betanumerical

Veteran

Sorry for the resurrection.

But, I'm wondering how bad the framerate really is in GT:5P?.

The reason I ask is because I have the chance to pick GT:5P up for 35AUD which is incredibly cheap (roughly 1/3 the price of a normal game).

18. thambos

Newcomer

it's not bad at all. you can notice slight screen tear very rarely, that's about it.

It does have a very clinical/saran wrap world look to it though w/ the almost complete lack of particle effects, persistent tire marks etc.. as a compromise. But the framerate is fine.

on a sidenote, i've noticed that as you get closer to cars they look like they have 2 levels of detail that they suddenly pop into higher res as you approach them. It's especially noticeable on the high speed rings where you have to overtake them slowly by drafting. Anybody else ever see this?

p.s. the online mode is very very bare. I keep hoping they'll update it. can't even join games w/ friends yet. :???:

19. Betanumerical

Veteran

Also, I forgot something, are all the versions the same? where the other version of the game updated with the new stuff in the newer versions (spec 2?). If they were I will grab this defiantly.

20. manux

Veteran Regular

Features, content and performance is same on all verions. There might be something funky ongoing with the online gaming though?

Tearing can be annoying on 16 car races on the first corner. Other than that frame rate is perfectly fine.

There should be the online/community update coming on fall which could improve the graphics engine also... Some rumours about damage modelling too though I wouldn't count on that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.