The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a bitch of a time getting gold in the c-class cappuccino 10 minute time trial around grand valley speedway... the best time I've been able to manage is around 1:43. pretty far off the 1:39 needed for gold.... is anybody else having issues with this one?

I ran a 1:39.5 after trying 3 runs (X10mins) and gave up. That time is without slipstreaming.

I'm having a bitch of a time getting gold in the c-class cappuccino 10 minute time trial around grand valley speedway... the best time I've been able to manage is around 1:43. pretty far off the 1:39 needed for gold.... is anybody else having issues with this one?

Bear in mind that you can't manage some golds using the professional driving model. It's not only more realistic, it's also slower. ;)

@Ostepop - the game has a number of different penalty settings it can use. In most event races that have a penalty, it's using the mildest form. Regardless, it also takes into account the angle at which you hit a wall. This is why you can get a penalty for driving straight into a wall, but not for scraping it.

It's not perfect, though, especially as you say with the AI. That said though I don't very often have issues with it.

Say you want to use better cars online, before you've had a chance to unlock them.

You should be able to switch between different game saves anyways.

That'd be cool. I wanna drive the F1 car but have the japanese version. Hopefully there are some saved game on gtplanet. Maybe?

Yeah but I don't have to sit there and try to unlock it. Just want a saved game from someone and then just play around with the F1 car.

Does anybody else find the graphics not very impressive? Not that I care really it just seems like the graphics are getting so much good press but they just don't seem all too hot from my perspective. Low res shadow maps (notice the gaggies in the dealership), horrible backgrounds (the fans are really pathetic for this gen IMO). It just doesn't look all that great.

Does anybody else find the graphics not very impressive? Not that I care really it just seems like the graphics are getting so much good press but they just don't seem all too hot from my perspective. Low res shadow maps (notice the gaggies in the dealership), horrible backgrounds (the fans are really pathetic for this gen IMO). It just doesn't look all that great.

Here we go again...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The things that stand out as glaring errors to you, are over-looked by others. Likewise that which they see as pixelated perfection may very well be mediocre or even unattractive to you.

I didnt know that a perfect looking game exists ;)

Crowds look lame on some tracks, the best on others. The shadows look really good IMO....no jagged shadows outside of the cars, and other games dont even have shadows on the dashboard.

lol been done b4 eh? I'm just confused as to why so many people are saying it looks amazing when, IMO, it really doesn't.
The car externals are pretty much photorealistic. Some of the scenery is rather dull, but other courses are pretty fabulous. Crowds aren't great, but as in GT3, that's not the important part of a racing game! Watching the cars buzz along the track in replays with TV like cameras is very authentic. the graphics have flaws, but in terms of realism this is the best out there at the moment. If a technically good, best out there, title isn't amazing, what is? An absolute metric versus real-life? If that's your measure, I'm afraid every game this gen, and probably next to boot, is going to seriously disappoint ;)

I was going to download GT5P today, but I am reaching my limits of internal storage. So I was going to wait some. Instead, check my mailbox and Best Buy sent me a $50 gift card for purchasing the 360 HD-DVD player 12 months ago yesterday.

So the failure of HD-DVD helped lead to me getting GT5P today on disc! Nice!
I just got mine today! Awesome. Best Buy actually did something useful for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back