The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enzyme, nobody seems to pick up that you are driving Professional mode. ;)

Yes, some events are impossible to win on Professional mode - at least it was like that in the Japanese version. They were keeping track of which events were possible to win in pro mode on GTPlanet. It could be different here depending on what cars you can use in certain cases, but there are bound to be some that are still impossible with professional mode. In these cases, you'll have to fall back on the normal mode.

I drove everything in Normal mode first, so that I could simply unlock all the events first. Now that I've done that, I'll be driving mostly PRO or online.

Yes, buddy system would be good - though the system of carefully timing the moment on which you join a race with some of your friends does still work reasonably well. I've even ended up with some of my friends without even knowing that they were going to drive that event, but then I do have a large community of GT fanatics to fall back on from various long standing GT websites. ;)

I did try the wall hitting, I never got a penalty so far.
I got a silver medal with the cappucino in C class just by getting a speed boost because another car bumped me in the back a couple of times.
In the other races I got close to silver, but never got it.

Oh well, I'll just have to try harder.

To get with the cappucino, you *have* to use other cars in front to slip stream. I followed a Focus ST on my most way and ended up behind his tale on the straight (and over the bridge) and that netted a gold easily. Try it often enough and you'll get lucky! :smile:

Completed now event S with most gold as well. Excellent. What a pitty the best you unlock is *another* GT-R concept... Duh. :rolleyes:

Oh and I agree with this sentiment. Strongly. ;)

However, I found some solace in the words: "The Ferrari F1 is now available for purchase." :p (Yes, even if at 2.000.000 I'm not going to buy it very soon, it's good to know that I can get it if I have 4 hours to spare ;) )

Enzyme, nobody seems to pick up that you are driving Professional mode. ;)

Yes, some events are impossible to win on Professional mode - at least it was like that in the Japanese version. They were keeping track of which events were possible to win in pro mode on GTPlanet. It could be different here depending on what cars you can use in certain cases, but there are bound to be some that are still impossible with professional mode. In these cases, you'll have to fall back on the normal mode.

I drove everything in Normal mode first, so that I could simply unlock all the events first. Now that I've done that, I'll be driving mostly PRO or online.

Ah ok, thanks.

That brings my confidence a bit up again. ;)
I'll try normal mode later then to finish those events.

To get with the cappucino, you *have* to use other cars in front to slip stream. I followed a Focus ST on my most way and ended up behind his tale on the straight (and over the bridge) and that netted a gold easily. Try it often enough and you'll get lucky! :smile:
While slipstreaming does help it is not essential. I was repeatedly about one second away from gold and then I somehow managed to shave that whole second from the 2nd corner (just before the bridge) and got gold, but on that lap I wasn't able to slipstream any cars.

While slipstreaming does help it is not essential. I was repeatedly about one second away from gold and then I somehow managed to shave that whole second from the 2nd corner (just before the bridge) and got gold, but on that lap I wasn't able to slipstream any cars.

In that case, I bow to you!
getmecoat.gif

Seriously, I thought I had a more or less perfect lap and got to 0.25 away of finishing gold without using any other cars to slipstream. To be fair, didn't try much longer as I already had achieved gold the lap before and just used the remaining 6 or so minutes for a few good laps... :D

I find the Mini is the best to slipstream that course and it's how I managed to get gold (with the afor mentioned cheating too :LOL: )

The Mini isn't that much quicker so I managed to follow it from the last corner all the way to the line.

I haven't had any such problems, but of course it's possible that I'm just too fast. ;)

Yes, I used the Elise 190 Tuned for all the S-class races that didn't require a specific car. I did try the first race with an F430, but after I gained 3rd position I noticed in my splits that I couldn't catch up with the Elise, which was driving just as fast as I was. That's not likely to happen unless the car the AI is driving is a lot faster than me, so I took a hint. ;)

I managed to get gold in S-1 with the F430, lord knows how (well, standard physics helped), and was missing 4 golds in S class before I found out where the forum-fabled 111R/tuned was, since I'd missed the "concept" section in the dealership. The 111R/tuned blew me away, unbelievably faster in corners, awesome braking, got gold in the two PP700 events as if they were nothing. In the end the harder event to get gold at was the F40 one, as I kept ramming someone or slightly shortcutting.
Anyway for the S-events the 111R/tuned is the choice to make, cheap and fast as hell.

I find the Mini is the best to slipstream that course and it's how I managed to get gold (with the afor mentioned cheating too :LOL: )

The Mini isn't that much quicker so I managed to follow it from the last corner all the way to the line.

You managed to get gold in the high speed ring race where you have to drive the cappucino to enter? With a Mini?? :rolleyes:

Was that done with all the assists off, and in Pro mode?

If yes, good on ya :)

Has anyone tried downloading any game saves yet?

I'd be mostly interested in online races and would like to have access to better cars without going through all the licensing tests and so forth.

UK, April 3, 2008 - It may have taken more than a little time for Polyphony to warm to the idea, but Gran Turismo head Kazunori Yamauchi has confirmed that the series is finally going to be implementing damage, saying it could be included as a downloadable feature for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue as early as this Autumn.

In an interview with IGN earlier today, Yamauchi said that, "maybe by Fall we'll be able to implement it," before confirming that it would feature as a download for Prologue, which launched in the UK and across Europe last week

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/864/864142p1.html

Yes, it also seems that when the US version releases, Japan and UK may get another update. Will be interesting.

You can download gamesaves no problem. Just go to one of the GT sites (www.GTPlanet.net for instance) and download the correct one for your version (e.g. Bluray PAL), save it somewhere on USB or whereever (depending on if you are using PC or PS3) and then select it and press triangle and choose import or something like that. I can't remember it 100% but it's easy enough.

Was that done with all the assists off, and in Pro mode?

If yes, good on ya :)
It wasn't Pro mode, but manual gears and no assists.
I was constantly getting lap times of about a second away from Gold and then I somehow managed to shave a second from the 2nd corner (before the bridge) and kept a second ahead for the whole lap.

My final time was something like 1:39.95 so I only just got the gold. If there had been some cars to slipstream then it would have been easier, but it's still possible without.

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200804/008.asp
an interesting interview with Mr.yamauchi. and this has drew my attention.
"Yamauchi: That's an early question. [Laughs] First, while working at this resolution and this frame rate, we'd like to try to get weather and a lot of lighting effects added to the game."
can we really expect even better lighting, damage system and weather effect in GT5? this seems too good to be true.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=186176

Gran Turismo for Boys is thought to be a simplified version of the typically brutally realistic GT gameplay, aimed at making the game accessible to younger ones.

This is a different idea:
I always wonder whether a simulated driving test would work in GT5 as a casual game. On top of the detailed environment and realistic "everyday" cars, PD can also pack varying objectives, driving rules and road signs into the game (e.g., No turn on red in NYC). If successful, PD can make themselves relevant to every teenagers in US and many more in other countries. The concept ties in with PS Home nicely too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back