The Golden Compass

London Geezer

Legend
Supporter
Hey guys,

Wow first thread in ages!

I just found out that one of my favourite books in, like, evah, has been made into a movie starring none other than the most beautiful man in the world and Nicole Kidman.

Anyone read the book and also thinks it's absolutely amazing? i still have to read the third part of the trilogy, can't wait!

Hmm, I don't remember playing in that movie... or do you by any chance mean someone else? Sacrilege!

So you like Mr. Big Ears eh.

Nicole Kidman looks really gorgeous in this one. I adore fair maidens like her.

Anyone read the book and also thinks it's absolutely amazing?
I read the trilogy a couple years ago.

Kinda scary for a kids' book I have to say. Rather mature stuff being discussed really. I'd been pretty freaked out if I'd read it at say age 10-11 or so. :LOL:
Peace.

Anyone read the book and also thinks it's absolutely amazing? i still have to read the third part of the trilogy, can't wait!

Yep, read it and absolutely loved it. It's a really good piece of literature, IMO, and offers enough complexity for [strike]mature readers[/strike] old geezers like us. :p

It certainly never came across as a kids book when I read it. Good books, lets hope they do justice to the film. Gotta say, I think the best bit of casting is Sam Elliot as Lee Scoresby. Will be intetested to see how they do the armored bears.

CC

LB, is that really you? :oops:

/me runs over and gives him a big hug!

Damn! Where you been, how you doing? I've missed you/been worried! :???:

LB, is that really you? :oops:

/me runs over and gives him a big hug!

Damn! Where you been, how you doing? I've missed you/been worried! :???:

No worries, just busy with life and all :) i was at home ill the day i opened this thread... *big hug*

I'm finishing the third book now... Amazing. First book a total surprise, adored it. Second book was "the middle one" so it was slow, bit boring at times, and you knew it wouldn't conclude anything as it only set things up for the big third one. And what a treat! Third book even better than the first one, more characterisation, more action, more mysteries...

Amazing.

Funny thing, a friend gave me the first book and i never knew they were making the movie, so guess how surprised i was when i saw the trailer and the cast. I think Nicole Kidman is 1000% perfect for the role of Mrs Coulter! Can't wait! And it's from the people who made Lord of the Rings so it can't be THAT bad! :)

Back