'The Force Unleashed Sith Edition' for PC/Mac.. what?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Neb, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Neb

Neb Iron "BEAST" Man
    Legend

So it is coming for PC and Mac and will include all the DLC packs.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59705
    Media
    http://ve3d.ign.com/images/fullsize...Sith-Edition/Screenshots/July-24th-Screenshot
    http://ve3d.ign.com/images/fullsize...Sith-Edition/Screenshots/July-24th-Screenshot

2. Bouncing Zabaglione Bros.

Legend

Hmm, they obviously kept it quiet as a console first release exclusive. However, it's no Jedi Knight/Academy game. Gameplay seems to be more simplistic and more like a 3rd person platformer. As with a lot of these "six month late PC ports" I've had a chance to hear the reviews and opinions after all they hype has died down, and it turns out the game is "meh". It's not the JK release we all wanted.

<turns to the weak-willed and waves hand> "These arn't the games you're looking for."

#2 Bouncing Zabaglione Bros., Jul 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2009
  3. DieH@rd

Legend Veteran

Excelent news! PSP version was a blast, and i was so bummed out when Lucas Arts announced that they are shutting down their internal studios. I tought they will never release it for PC [they mentioned possible PC port in one interview].

But now am happy as a little girl. Cant wait.

PS: screens are awesome.

4. suryad

Veteran

Oh heck yes! I am so gonna get this! I hope they do a decent job on the port!

5. Bouncing Zabaglione Bros.

Legend

Aspyr Media? Those are the guys that delivered a very broken and buggy "Dark Sector" port, with no intention of making a patch.

6. Bludd

Bludd Experiencing A Significant Gravitas Shortfall
    Veteran

This is the game that they wouldn't make for the PC because it would require a $4000 PC and that it'd need just as much CPU-power needed to power an artificial brain.

7. swaaye

swaaye Entirely Suboptimal
    Legend

They should not have bothered. I was really unimpressed by this game.....

It actually reminded me most of the old SNES Star Wars side scrollers. They way you earn points, have waves of enemies, power ups, etc. meh. I don't own it but some friends do, unfortunately for them ;). It's definitely a console style game and way, way overhyped.

8. Scott_Arm

Legend

It seemed like a good action button mash game, except the force power targeting controls were completely shit, which kind of kills the game.

9. DieH@rd

Legend Veteran

Well, maybe now targeting will be fixed. Mouse & keyboard to the rescue.

10. Richard

Richard Mord's imaginary friend
    Veteran

So once they release this PC version a year after the consoles and it sells like crap they're going to blame piracy?

Because of previous comments of being too advanced for PCs I take it the mininum system reqs will be the highest-end PC you could buy on Nov 2008?

11. Neb

Neb Iron "BEAST" Man
    Legend

It's quite common in the console dev space for devs to show of their fanboyism or talk out any shit for some dollars (year after year). In LA case someone must have had a brainfart and thought PC was still stuck in 2004 HW/perf era as nothing else would make sense regarding such a utterly stupid comment about "4000$" PCs.

12. Neb

Neb Iron "BEAST" Man
    Legend

Let's give them a chance to prove themselfs for real.

13. Bouncing Zabaglione Bros.

Legend

They already had one chance with Dark Sector. Let's judge them on evidence of what they've done, rather than what we'd like to hope they'd do in the future because we all really want another JK game.

14. Mobius1aic

Mobius1aic Quo vadis?
    Veteran

Does any PC gamer really care? I'm sure anyone who did already tried out the 360 or PS3 version, finding out how truly mediocre the game is.

15. woundingchaney

Regular

I own the console version and really enjoyed it for what it was worth. Depending on the price I would consider purchasing it for my pc as well.

16. swaaye

swaaye Entirely Suboptimal
    Legend

Didn't LucasArts can the entire dev team like the day after release? Nothing like knowing your money is going nowhere useful. I really have about zero respect left for Lucas* companies.

17. Davros

Legend

18. DieH@rd

Legend Veteran

There is very litte high end PC games these days, so i think that all PC gamers must be happy about this news.

19. Bludd

Bludd Experiencing A Significant Gravitas Shortfall
    Veteran

I'm not and I exclusively play games on the PC.

I think LucasArts have been total jerks about this game and they should have either shut the hell up about the PC version or should have said "PC version coming at a later date".

20. Bouncing Zabaglione Bros.

Legend

The problem for me is that I don't want a simplified, console-friendly game for my PC. Just because it's Jedi-themed and Star Wars, it doesn't make it a must-buy, especially if the compromises made to sell it for the console market makes it prettier, but inferior to the previous JK/JA games.