The Dark Knight teaser

I assume Christian Bale bailed?

He generally doesn't seem to want to do more than one movie about any one thing so my guess would be he'd loathe getting typecast as Batman.. Therefore: new lead actor. Who though?

Oh well I guess I could just hit imdb but that'd feel like cheating. :cool:
Peace.

It is? Didn't sound like it to me, but it went so quick.. I did recognize Michael Caine's voice however.

His is very distinct and easily recognizable though.
Peace.

I assume Christian Bale bailed?

He generally doesn't seem to want to do more than one movie about any one thing so my guess would be he'd loathe getting typecast as Batman.. Therefore: new lead actor. Who though?

Oh well I guess I could just hit imdb but that'd feel like cheating. :cool:
Peace.

Christian Bale is playing Batman again. He (like Caine) signed up for a three movie option.

Bales does a lot of weird low-budget stuff, some of it "proper" acting, or where he looks deliberately terrible (like "The Machinist"), so I'm guessing Batman is is way of keeping his big-budget, Hollywood leading man career on the go.

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounded awesome. Glad to know we're going to see more mob stuff, I love it when Batman tangles with the mob. I'm brimming with excitement for this movie.

Here's a pic of The Joker and Rachel(I would've preferred to see Katie Holmes on the right there instead of Maggie, this'll be the first time a Batman movie has a mediocre looking love interest, but oh well at least she looks more real for her role as a professional woman).

This preview of the new Batsuit from Entertainment Weekly was put up all over the net a little while back. This time Batman can move his head! Clicky for bigger:

Attachments

• DKbatsuit.jpg
    DKbatsuit.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 75
Kilmer is too old. And I didn't care for his Bruce Wayne anyways. In fact, if I can forget about those two Schumacher films altogether. . .that'd be great. I guess I would've enjoyed them if I was gay and into men's butts and enjoyed more gay subtext than Brokeback Mountain and 300 combined.

Batman Begins is by far better than the movies after Tim Burton. Period.

Yes, it's basically Batman for grownups. I rate next the two Burton movies (nicely stylised, Keaton slightly unhinged, Nicholson completely unhinged, Pfifer in patent leather), then Batman Forever, with the final Clooney film being bad enough to kill off the franchise for several years until Marvel showed how movies based on comics should be done.

Yup. My feelings exactly. I do feel as if Marvel has taken giant steps back lately with their comic book based films.

Marvel just got lucky with Singerman and Raime. Doling out their franchises to MTV video directors and other hacks just to 'seal the deal' and get $$ in their pockets will result in one bad movie and after and Hollywood eventually losing interest in any future deals.

Yup. My feelings exactly. I do feel as if Marvel has taken giant steps back lately with their comic book based films.

I think they may have lost some control as the movie studios insisted on further cash-ins to successful movies, and cheaper adaptations for the less well known characters. X-Men 3, Spiderman 3, Fantastic Four/Silver Surfer, Elektra and Ghost Rider should have been better than they were. It's all about money now, the old story of the studios running every franchise into the dirt to make as much money as possible.

Without a good script and able director, these films simply don't reach the potential of the characters. What gets me is the way the studio execs screw these things up despite the fact that these characters are well defined and have literally years of great storylines and a whole mythos on which to draw. The important work of character and storyline is already there.

I don't see how movies abortions like Elektra can come about when I can look at a book like "Elektra Assassin" and see a full fledged, artistic, visual and story masterpiece that is begging to be turned lock-stock into a movie. Treat it like Sin City or 300, do a near direct translation, and I guarantee a massive hit. And I can find a story and near-storyboard in the form of a comic for almost any character you like.

Movies of comic books I would love to see (in no particular order):

Elektra Assassin
The Adventures Of Luther Arkwright
Lobo
Iron Man (in progress with Robert Downey Jnr)/Armour Wars/Man In The Iron Mask
Aliens Stronghold/Aliens vs Predator (comic is so much better than the movie)
Judge Dredd BlockMania/Apocalypse War
Howard Chaykin's Hard Times/Southern Comfort
Marshall Law Fear & Loathing
Captain Britain
DC's Kingdom Come/The Kingdom
Slaine Horned God/Treasures Of Britain
Havok & Wolverine Meltdown
Spawn (done properly this time)
Marvels

And there's loads more great stories and characters out there.

Back