The cutscenes in Siren - pre-rendered or not?

I have been reading this article which features a small interview with the game's director, and at the end, there are two snippets from the cutscenes. Is that pre-rendered, or does the game really has lighting this good? I guess the question shouldn't be too difficult for people who have played the game.

Video in question:
ftp://ftp.futurenet.co.uk/pub/dailyradar/sony/Forbidden_Siren_Clip_1.wmv

Article:
http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/downloads/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=28586&subsectionid=1625

No idea since no one ever said anything about it.

Siren uses 2 engines for its cutscenes. Pre-rendered or not = ?. The first is what is shown - very good ambience, with a sort of "old-tv filter" for additional atmosphere. However animation is a bit stiff. This is used for main scenes.

The second engine is the in-game engine, used for "sub cutscenes". Less ambience, no "old-tv filter" but much clearer and animation is much better.

marconelly! said:
I have been reading this article which features a small interview with the game's director, and at the end, there are two snippets from the cutscenes. Is that pre-rendered, or does the game really has lighting this good? I guess the question shouldn't be too difficult for people who have played the game.

Video in question:
ftp://ftp.futurenet.co.uk/pub/dailyradar/sony/Forbidden_Siren_Clip_1.wmv

Article:
http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/downloads/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=28586&subsectionid=1625

From what I saw (when I played the game), part of the cut-scenes are real-time, and part of them are pre-rendered. The one you've linked to is pre-rendered.

The scene from the clip your posted is prerendered - when you actually see it on TV the most obvious pointer is that it's aliasing free ;) (not really something you can see from a lowquality clip like the one posted though).

Haven't really played the game though, so I couldn't comment much on quality of in-game lighting (it looked closer to FF then SH to me though, to use an analogy - character art nonwithstanding).

Thanks guys, that's pretty much what I thought. However, I kinda saw some framerate problems in another cut scene video so I thought they might be realtime.

Back