The Conduit screens (new)

I've been interested in this game for a long time and I like the visual effects, however my main criticism is the textures, which is unfortunate because I think that's the most important part when it comes to graphics, definitely something to improve on both before release and after for future games. Anyway, I'm glad to see constant progress evident in the screens.

Is this a Wii only title? If so, considering the Wii's hardware, that doesn't look half bad.
Yes, it's Wii only, with the developers aim of trying to give the best FPS experience for the system by ripping from everybody else, most noteably from the latest CoD for Wii and Metroid Prime 3 that had robust control customizations for cusor dead zones and sensitivity.

Yes, it's Wii only, with the developers aim of trying to give the best FPS experience for the system by ripping from everybody else, most noteably from the latest CoD for Wii and Metroid Prime 3 that had robust control customizations for cusor dead zones and sensitivity.

It's not COD, it was Metal Of Honor. Of course, the 2 games are so generic, it's understandable that they're lumped together.

Gd gd, its nice for them to show off their achievement in a trailer. More effects now and existing ones are more accurate.

I'm surprise no one thought about customizable HUD until now.

The visuals are finally coming together too. The art still looks like ass though.

True. I'm very impressed with the game in many ways from the tech, to the ASE as a new game play mechanic & customizable HUD, but there are improvements they could make in the art/design for the next outing.

The title had a pretty short development period for both proprietary engine & game (1.5 yr), so next time round with the technology in place (graphics, A.I controls e.t.c) they can focus on other areas more closely and really surprise us.

Seems like a good place to ask rather than start a new thread..can the Wii use it's 88 MB's of Ram like one pool??

Or is it more of a split pool situation?

Is the Wii a:

A) Basically 24 MB machine for practical purpose

B) machine with a 24 MB pool and a 64 MB pool (and does that work like PS3?)

C) Basically a simple 88MB machine

Isn't the memory bandwidth for the 24 and 64 MBs pretty fast? I would think it could be used altogether if that's the case. However I too would like to know what kind of memory usages the Conduit uses at specific moments.

Two pools. Bandwidth is good for both, however the latency for the 64 MB pool is high.

Similar to the memory in XBox? Shouldn't be much of a negative at all if the 64MB is being used mostly as texture and audio memory I suppose.

Back