The completely meaningless E3 thread, 2015 Edition *Spawn*

MrFox

Deludedly Fantastic
Legend
So Microsoft is getting into list wars arguments, and they made a comment about PS4 vs XB1 at E3: If we ignore games released in 2015 but before E3, and if 2015-12-31 is the end of the world... PS4 have less exclusives. I love how they do metrics, if you ignore every country except one, and if you count only one specific month, XB1 is the best selling console, period.

At some point the PR is no longer effective when reality is stretched beyond recognition.

So Microsoft is getting into list wars arguments, and they made a comment about PS4 vs XB1 at E3: If we ignore games released in 2015 but before E3, and if 2015-12-31 is the end of the world... PS4 have less exclusives. I love how they do metrics, if you ignore every country except one, and if you count only one specific month, XB1 is the best selling console, period.

At some point the PR is no longer effective when reality is stretched beyond recognition.

Don't see the problem. Sony is hand waving BC by saying few use it and we would have to take resources away from doing other things.

The rest of 2015 looks barren in terms of exclusives for Sony. We can't really say what 2016 will look like since we already know MS has a few games at gamecon for next year.

The rest of 2015 looks barren in terms of exclusives for Sony. We can't really say what 2016 will look like since we already know MS has a few games at gamecon for next year.

Do you actually know anything about the exclusives for the PS4 or are you just repeating the echo chamber of the Internet? Here is a list of some games coming to the PS4 not coming to the XB1 in the second half of 2015. Sure its not Forza/Halo/Gears that MS like to pump out, but it sure is a variety of games and not as "barren" as you say.

• The Tomorrow Children
  • PlanetSide 2
  • Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward
  • Godzilla
  • God of War III Remastered
  • Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
  • Until Dawn
  • Tearaway Unfolded
  • Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance
  • Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
  • Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below
  • Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair
  • Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess
  • The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition
  • J-Stars Victory Vs+
  • Legend of Kay Anniversary
  • Persona 5
Don't forget the other half of 2015 where the PS4 got exclusives (one GOTY candidate).

Last edited:
Do you actually know anything about the exclusives for the PS4 or are you just repeating the echo chamber of the Internet? Here is a list of some games coming to the PS4 not coming to the XB1 in the second half of 2015. Sure its not Forza/Halo/Gears that MS like to pump out, but it sure is a variety of games and not as "barren" as you say.

• PlanetSide 2
  • Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward
  • Godzilla
  • God of War III Remastered
  • Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
  • Until Dawn
  • Tearaway Unfolded
  • Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance
  • Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
  • Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below
  • Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair
  • Blood Bowl 2
  • Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess
  • The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition
  • J-Stars Victory Vs+
  • Legend of Kay Anniversary
  • Persona 5
Don't forget the other half of 2015 where the PS4 got exclusives (one GOTY candidate).

Remasters every where Planetside 2 has been out for years , FF is multiplatform , Blood bowl is for ps4/xbox one / pc , deception is on all sony platforms , talo is on pc / ps3, android , osx , Linux , j-stars is on all sony platforms , personal 5 is on the ps3 also.

So Godzilla , until dawn and dragon quest ?

Where are the big sony titles ?

Remasters every where Planetside 2 has been out for years , FF is multiplatform , Blood bowl is for ps4/xbox one / pc , deception is on all sony platforms , talo is on pc / ps3, android , osx , Linux , j-stars is on all sony platforms , personal 5 is on the ps3 also.

So Godzilla , until dawn and dragon quest ?

Where are the big sony titles ?

Maybe you should define games, then define exclusive, then define big. If you are a gamer who owns a PS4 you can play all these games on the PS4 and none of them on the XB1. This is in addition to all the multi-platform games, the gemes that will dominate the sales charts.

Gear collection, Rare collection - remasters everywhere! Let's move the goal posts!

So, is it "barren" or not? Are there games to play or not? Spring 2016 will be a bloodbath, but I know I only buy games between Oct-Dec, so they don't count.

Maybe you should define games, then define exclusive, then define big. If you are a gamer who owns a PS4 you can play all these games on the PS4 and none of them on the XB1. This is in addition to all the multi-platform games, the gemes that will dominate the sales charts.

Gear collection, Rare collection - remasters everywhere! Let's move the goal posts!

So, is it "barren" or not? Are there games to play or not? Spring 2016 will be a bloodbath, but I know I only buy games between Oct-Dec, so they don't count.

I never mentioned either of those . I'm talking about exclusives to the system. halo 5 , Rise of the Tomb Raider , Forza 6 , Cuphead .

I also don't see how you judge Spring 2016. Whats actually coming out then ?

Uncharted 4 beta ... Wait, is this is list-war thread? ;) in general I would say that Xbox has great titles coming out this year for sure, but it's not the thread to discuss that here, surely?

I never mentioned either of those . I'm talking about exclusives to the system. halo 5 , Rise of the Tomb Raider , Forza 6 , Cuphead .

I also don't see how you judge Spring 2016. Whats actually coming out then ?
Tomb Raider is on 360 too, so if we're ignoring those on PS4, Xbox One still has fewer games coming. And if we're ignoring games based on sales potential we probably shouldn't count Forza either.

talo is on pc / ps3, android , osx , Linux , j-stars is on all sony platforms , personal 5 is on the ps3
How do you reconcile these two posts? RotTR is coming to 360. Cuphead is on PC. So you have Halo 5 and Forza 6 as your big MS AAA blockbuster titles (and Cuphead isn't big so why even list it if various not-big PS4 exclusives aren't to counted?). Definitely big budget, but I'm not sure E3 should be decided on how many tentpole franchises are recycled each year.

Who knows, maybe they are that unhappy with their choice this time it's their only recourse. Maybe they deserve pity rather than scorn.

Maybe its the same reason PCers come into the console threads?

Back