The Board Game Thread

iroboto

Daft Funk
Legend
Supporter
Well.

I just wanted to see if anyone else here shared this hobby with me. This year it's been a mixture of Dune Imperium, Inis, Pandemic Legacy: S2, Ruins of Arnak. Last year was a lot of Gloomhaven, Betrayal Legacy. I will be trying Eclipse later tonight.

Anyone else into board games?

I used to play a lot of Avalon Hill games as a kid, Richtofen's War stands out in my mind. Also The Fantasy Trip, which was a D&D competitor that only used 6-sided dice and an actual board with pieces. LOVED that game, Steve Jackson was a god to me back then and I've often started writing programs since TFT was basically already a program to me in my mind and I just had to translate it in to basic. (The old style, with numbers for every line. :p )

Huge imagination and creative exercise tools!

I used to play a lot of Avalon Hill games as a kid, Richtofen's War stands out in my mind. Also The Fantasy Trip, which was a D&D competitor that only used 6-sided dice and an actual board with pieces. LOVED that game, Steve Jackson was a god to me back then and I've often started writing programs since TFT was basically already a program to me in my mind and I just had to translate it in to basic. (The old style, with numbers for every line. :p )

Huge imagination and creative exercise tools!
last steve jackson games I recall playing as of late is Munchkin and Illuminati

Good times, they are quite funny.

There's a lot of Munchkin themed expansions. Play it with the family sometimes.

There's a lot of Munchkin themed expansions. Play it with the family sometimes.
If your family is big on munchkin I think they would love Betrayal Legacy.

they are no where close to being the same game. But the themes are funny and close.

Back