The Annual E3 PC Gaming discussion, 2018 Edition

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
Here's the official thread for discussing the PC Gaming Show press conference at this year's E3.

Monday, June 11
  • PC Gaming Show -- 3 PM PT / 6 PM ET / 11 PM BST (8 AM AET on June 12)

Twitch : PCGamer

OK, trying to consolidate for this conference. I don't imagine many are looking at this one. :D And just ones I thought were cool or noteworthy from my POV.
  • Coffee Stain Studio with Satisfactory - a 3D first person Factorio type game? Looks pretty cool.
  • Mavericks Proving Grounds - BR game with up to 1000 players.
  • The Forgotten City - a Skyrim mode that they are turning into a standalone full game. Just cool for someone using their mod to get experience to make a game.
  • Star Control Origins (Stardock games) - I want to be hopeful, but I'm not sure they'll be able to replicate the humor that made SC2 so good. Not convinced that ground combat will be a good addition to the SC formula. Sept. 20th release date.
  • Archangel Hellfire - Mech combat, 2v2, fast paced more arcade like?
  • The Sinking City - Lovecraftian Detective game. Looks kind of cool.
  • WARFRAME! - one of my top 10 games ever.
  • Sega showcase of games on PC or coming to PC. Wait, Yakuza Kiwami and Zero? That can't possibly be coming to PC??? HOLY SHIT. IT IS.
  • Maneater (Tripwire) - you play a shark.
  • Morning Star - this looks intriguing.
  • Jurassic World Evolution footage - Dinosaurs are cool, but not excited for the game.
  • Stormland the open world VR game by Insomniac. Looks cool, but wish it wasn't VR.
    • WOW, Everyone on the itmeJP stream just groaned and wants to play it non-VR.
    • They are desperately hoping for a non-VR version of the game.
  • Sable (was at the MS conference) - The art looks amazing. This looks REALLY cool. Open world exploration game. No combat. Reminds me of French comic artists from the 70's, 80's, and 90's. And yup, they just mentioned the art style was inspired by those artists as well as Studio Ghibli.
  • Star Citizen - have to show something to keep people interested.
  • Genesis Alpha One - Splicing alien DNA with your human crew to maximize efficiency? Interesting premise.
  • Just Cause 4 footage. Game looks beautiful.
  • Overkill's The Walking Dead - Action game (shooting, combat, etc.) wonder if this one will actually be good. The other Walking Dead action game I tried a few years ago was really bad.
  • Tell Tales The Walking Dead season 3.
  • Noita - Pixel Art rogue-like. Claim to fame, every pixel is physically simulated.
  • Two Point Hospital - spiritual successor to Theme Hospital. Looks nice. The developers on Stage were actually part of the original Bullfrog team.
  • Realm Royal - BR game from Hi-Res (Paladins, Smite). Interesting because some streamers are now playing this instead of Fortnite and really liking it.
  • Ooblets by Double Fine - Very cute. Inspired by Harvest Moon and Pokémon.
  • Anno 1880 - I like the Anno games quite a bit.
  • Rapture Rejects published by Tiny Build - Top down Battle Royale game. OK, this looks pretty cool. :D The humor is amazing.
  • Hitman 2 trailer - developers talking about it a bit.
The ones in Bold are the ones I was most interested in.

I'm still completely mind blown that Yakuza 0 and Kiwami are coming to PC.

Oh wow, Square-Enix was one of the sponsors of the show. That's awesome.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
love that everyone says VR needs big games and then they get something and everyone is like we want to play it without vr. I can't wait to play it in vr. Its going to be awesome

Back