The Annual E3 Nintendo press conference thread, 2018 edition

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
Here's the official thread for discussing the Nintendo press conference at this year's E3. Oh wait, they still wont have a press conference or even a direct presentation.

Tuesday, June 12
  • Nintendo -- 9 AM PT / 12 PM ET / 5 PM BST (2 AM AET on June 13)

Twitch Stream

Xenoblades 2 DLC.

Now talking about Pokémon. With a Pokeball controller? Interesting.

Now Mario Party. Oh whoa, joining multiple screen to make the play field. That's freaking cool.

Looks like a mainline Fire Emblem game now. Looks nice. Spring 2019.

And now, Fortnite. To be expected.

Overcooked 2, cool. The first game was pretty neat.

Killer Queen Black. This looks like a modern Joust almost.

Hollow Knight, OH HELL YEAH!

Octopath Traveller with launch date and a new demo on June 14th.

Quick game montage...too quick to list the games showing. Wasteland 2 was shown briefly, sweet.

Super Smash Brothers for Switch now. Sooooo many playable characters. Damn. Every Smash Bros. fighter in any Smash Bros. game is going to be in it. Female versions of some male characters. You can use the Gamecube controller with the game. Dec. 7 release. Good luck getting a Nintendo Switch this holiday season.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
That was ... not very exciting. Not even a mention of Metroid? Still no Dark Souls release date. Well, at least I get to play Hollow Knight now. Heads-up: not everyone is a Smash fan, Nintendo.

As much as I love Nintendo games, half the time Nintendo is just such a fucking disappointment.

I dunno, I went into it not expecting much. With Smash coming out soon I expected a disproportionate amount of time spent on that considering how important that IP property is.

Still I saw some really cool stuff.

Daemon X Machina has me very intrigued.

I'm not a Mario party fan, but I though it was pretty amazing how you can take multiple Switch devices, and lay them next to each other to make a playing field comprised of multiple screens with seemless movement between the screens by the player characters.

A bunch of titles showing not just Indie developers continued interest in the platform, but high A and AAA developers growing interest in the platform. That was important to show that 3rd parties remain interested in getting titles onto the platform which is still a concern for some people that invested in the Wii or Wii-U (poor suckers).

Regards,
SB

only just watched it. There are about 4 g ames I want to pick up obviously Smash then pokemon , hollow knight looks like it will be fun on the go and that space ship game looks good and wasteland since I loved the first and it ran well on my surface but the switch will allow me to play it more often

This was a Smash Direct. Don’t know if it was a good move, I think that game doesn’t need that much detailed information to sell, and there were interesting games in their mad rush through the others that I would have liked to have the time to at least read the name of! Octopath Traveller, Ubis Atlas space shooter, and Wolfenstein are those that I managed to catch in there that I’d like to see more of, but who knows what could have caught my attention with 5 more seconds per featured title. Even Daemon X Machina would have benefitted from some more material.Games like Just Dance and FIFA belong on the platform, although like Kirby, they don’t really interest me, just as I’m (heresy!) just not interested in platformers in general. But there was a lot of material, and it was all gameplay, so that’s good. Nintendo showed off their big title and demonstrated that there will be a bunch of new games in the coming month. The fact that the posts above mentions games that intrigue me a bit but that I had simply forgotten was part of the presentation implies the tempo of the cuts might have been a touch fast. Or I’m just too old. :yep2:
Hard to compare something like this with Bethesdas display of logotypes, which always gives me the feeling of a corrupt preacher and promises of heaven. Or for that matter Nintendo showing the Metroid 4 logo. But I would have preferred if they had cut 10 mins of Smash details and had given some teasers about the more distant future as well.

Last edited:
^Prime 4 must be past the logo on-a-screen stage of development at this point, right? And where was that Starfox racing/flying kinda game Retro is working on. Hm, maybe they axed it right away after the way the fans reacted to it.

Btw, Hollow Knight is amazing. If you are at all into games like Metroid, this game should be at the very top of your purchase list. And as much as I love these games, I cannot remember the time when one of them actually managed to surprise me. Hollow Knight did. Go get it. It's that good. Flawless port too.

Btw, Hollow Knight is amazing. If you are at all into games like Metroid, this game should be at the very top of your purchase list. And as much as I love these games, I cannot remember the time when one of them actually managed to surprise me. Hollow Knight did. Go get it. It's that good. Flawless port too.

Cool, I was hoping the port would be a good one. I've played it for stints at a friend's place (absolutely loved the setting and gameplay was tight) and was waiting for it to come to Switch. It's an ideal game for the platform.

I'm generally not into metroidvania type games, but this one is special. So glad that console players (well Switch players) can now also experience this gem.

Regards,
SB

Back