Tgs 2010

patsu

Legend
Maybe someone should create TGS 2010 thread?

:LOL: We were so shell-shocked that no one remember to create a TGS thread ? [size=-2]Arwin ran off with his Move controller or something.[/size]

EDIT: Argh, forum software messed up my title. I thought I typed "TGS" ?

I remember there's a MS keynote. Where's the live blog or stream ?

Sony conference live stream mentioned here:
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1472371&postcount=205

EDIT:
Conference timing:
http://www.vg247.com/2010/09/14/tokyo-game-show-2010-press-conference-timings/

Keynote: Microsoft’s Phil Spencer and Takashi Sensui – 10:30am Japanese time, 2:30am BST, Thursday, September 16

The big keynote this year comes from Microsoft, who last headlined in 2008 with former corporate VP of Xbox, John Schappert.This year will see Microsoft Game Studios boss Phil Spencer and Xbox Japan head Takashi Sensui take to the stage to discuss the future of Xbox in more detail.MS has already promised we’ll be seeing “some incredibly cool” Kinect stuff coming this week, so expect that to come out of this speech.Further details are light, but Microsoft did announce Halo 3: ODST, nee Recon, at the Schappert keynote two years ago, as well as confirming a 360 version of Tekken 6.

No Nintendo conference it seems.

Usually I'm pumped for these types of events, but I almost forgot about TGS this week. I don't even know when the press conferences take place or if anything good has been announced.

I know the new DMC game was announced and that alone makes me want to forget about TGS this year :p

Sega live streams:
http://tgs.sega.jp/2010/event/images/time_table.gif

Konami is supposed to have a secret announcement, if my memory still serves me.

From the vg247.com link above...

Capcom press conference – 8pm Japanese time, 12pm BST, Wednesday, September 15

Capcom’s going all out this week, promising to announce four new games at TGS, as well as have some character reveals for Marvel vs Capcom 3.No hints, officially, have been given to the identity of those four games, but speculation is mounting we’re going to get a Devil May Cry 5 announce, with development duties going to Enslaved developer Ninja Theory.A Resident Evil 6 reveal might not be far off the mark neither, with Capcom development boss Keiji Inafune saying recently the first info on it will be coming “shortly”.

EA Tokyo Game Show Showcase – 5.00pm Japanese time, 9am BST – Wednesday, September 15

Not a lot is known about what to expect from EA at the show, but if its E3 and gamescom pressers are anything, it’ll be good.EA’s E3 conference saw first sightings of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit and Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Vietnam, as well as new showings of Dead Space 2, Medal of Honor and more.And in Germany last month, EA dropped a March release and the first showing of Dragon Age 2, as well as announcing that Mass Effect 2 would be coming to PlayStation 3.EA’s already confirmed we’ll see BFBC2: Vietnam in action at TGS, but that’s likely to be overshadowed by the reveal of the EA Partners-led horror title from Grasshopper Manufacture’s Suda-51 and Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami.EA hasn’t said yet if there’s going to be a live stream.

EDIT:

Usually I'm pumped for these types of events, but I almost forgot about TGS this week. I don't even know when the press conferences take place or if anything good has been announced.

I know the new DMC game was announced and that alone makes me want to forget about TGS this year :p

Hopefully, we get to see some brilliant gameplay in the Capcom conference.

The Japanese might surprise us with some wacky Kinect ideas too.

[size=-2]That's it. My community service ends here.[/size]

Fuck EA why did you not Battlefield Vietnam already wanted to see it on Gamescom it wasn't there last week on pax it wasn't there and now it's not in there pres conference. Hope to get some more info more tomorrow hopefully at microsoft key note but knowing EA it will be the sony keynote.

Pretty much every show but e3 tends to massively disappoint imo.

That said I pretty much forgot TGS was here.

Since MS has a keynote I wonder if that's an indication they have something to announce? Maybe like FF13 Versus on 360. Of course I doubt it.

By my figuring MS keynote is 2 hours away and Sony's 4.5 hours.

Here's the titles announced by Microsoft at TGS...

Five Exclusive Titles for Kinect for Xbox 360
Looking for adventure and a rush of adrenaline? Microsoft introduced five immersive, exclusive Kinect for Xbox 360 games available in 2011:

• codename D (Grasshopper Manufacture, Microsoft Game Studios): From the famed makers of killer7 and the NO MORE HEROES series comes codename D from SUDA 51 for Microsoft Game Studios. Fight for your life to survive an evil amusement park filled with twisted and eerie creatures. With codename D for Kinect for Xbox 360, you are the controller as you unleash devastating effects to destroy enemies and objects.
  • Project Draco (Grounding, Microsoft Game Studios): The director of the cult hits Phantom Dust and Panzer Dragoon, game director Yukio Futatsugi, brings you an epic 3-D flying shooter. Using the magic of Kinect for Xbox 360, nurture and learn to communicate with your dragon as you develop its skills and train it as a partner in combat. Then join friends* on Xbox LIVE to feel the rush of flight as you take to the skies together and experience breathtaking vistas and engage in thrilling battles.
  • Haunt (NanaOn-Sha, Microsoft Game Studios). Gather friends and family to delve deep into a haunted house dripping with mystery—you'll need every ounce of your wit and cunning if you hope to unravel the veil of rumors that hide its darkest secret. Dodge traps and outwit ghosts, ghouls and frights that lurk with glee around each and every corner. Take a deep breath and immerse yourself in Haunt, spooky fun for Kinect for Xbox 360.
  • Steel Battalion Heavy Armor (Capcom, From Software): This all-new game revives the fan-favorite Steel Battalion series. With the support of Microsoft, Capcom, and From Software join forces to bring this groundbreaking collaborative project to Xbox 360. Manhattan, 2082: In a world where computers and almost all modern technology have been lost, the greatest nations of the world continue to battle for supremacy. The American army lands in New York to begin its first big offensive of a long ground war. Soldiers fire from the trenches as scorched bunkers belch black smoke. As comrades continually fall to the unrelenting crossfire of bullets, the Vertical Tanks make their relentless advance. Experience the battlefield as never before with Kinect for Xbox 360.

Take Aim and Jump in the Ring
Japanese developers Treasure and Spike announced the revival of two beloved downloadable,* controller-based experiences on Xbox LIVE Arcade on Xbox 360—putting your avatar directly into the fighting ring and bringing arguably one of the best 2-D shooters to international audiences for the first time:

• Fire Pro Wrestling (Spike, Microsoft Game Studios): Your avatar makes its debut as a pro wrestler! FromSpike , creator of the Fire Pro Wrestling series, comes this pro wrestling game for everyone. Customize your avatar wrestler, choosing from a wide selection of costumes, before you step into the arena and run wild. Unlock new moves as you advance your wrestling career. Face off against family and friends in offline and online competitive play modes, including single match and tag teams. Ding-ding, round one!
  • Radiant Silvergun (Treasure , Microsoft Game Studios): The classic scrolling shooter from Japan and spiritual successor to the critically acclaimed Ikaruga receives an international release in this revival on Xbox LIVE Arcade on Xbox 360, the first ever since SEGA Saturn . Radiant Silvergun will see the return of the unique seven-weapon system among other fan-favorite gameplay features, as well as improvements, including the addition of a new system to enhance the challenging original chain system.

Home for the Best Games in 2010 and Beyond
The destination for the biggest blockbusters like Dead Rising 2, Fable III and Halo: Reach, Xbox 360 bolstered its impressive lineup with these previews:

• Body and Brain Connection (NAMCO BANDAI Games): Body and Brain Connection challenges you to exercise both mind and body in the most cerebral and energetic party game ever from the originators of the video game brain training craze. Players of all ages must think fast and act even faster as they answer math, logic, reflex, memory, and physical questions using the full-motion capabilities of Kinect for Xbox 360. Featuring over 20 different activities in single-player and multiplayer modes, the game lets up to four friends compete in fun and engaging activities as they strive for the youngest brain age. A daily progress tracker makes sure that players are up to date with their current brain age as they continue to stimulate both mind and body.
  • Child of Eden (Ubisoft): Child of Eden is a multi-sensory shooter that will send you diving into a kaleidoscopic matrix of synchronized music and mind-blowing visuals that will usher forth yet another landmark game experience from the mind of renowned game designer Tetsuya Mizuguchi, its creator. Child of Eden thrusts the player in the center of a battle to save Project Lumi, a mission to reproduce a human personality inside Eden, the archive of all human memories. As the project nears completion, the archive is invaded by an unknown virus. Save Eden from the virus to restore hope and peace.
  • METAL GEAR SOLID: RISING (Kojima Productions): METAL GEAR SOLID: RISING is the highly anticipated debut of Hideo Kojima's critically acclaimed METAL GEAR SOLID franchise on Xbox 360. METAL GEAR SOLID: RISING will star Raiden, one of the most popular characters in the METAL GEAR SOLID universe, in a new, lightning bolt action adventure on Xbox 360.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/tgs/press-release.htm

Without seeing any videos, I can't say I'm interested in any of them. Though it seems some of the more vocal opponents of Kinect seem to be surprised and dare I say interested?

Tommy McClain

The keynote showed a wide range of Kinect titles, which definitely helps to define Kinect's freshness. It stands out even more compared to all the fireworks earlier in the day. :LOL:

Standard parade. The only thing that caught my eyes is Ni no Kuni.

EDIT: ... and the stars of the show: Ico + SotC + The Last Guardian

Y5 zombies look more interesting than I thought, more like Resident Evil than regular zombie mobs.

I guess this year there are no big megatons from anyone, Sony, Nintendo or MS.
E3 was boring, GC was boring, TGS seems to be boring...
MGS Rising with Move support would liven it up a bit, Ni no Kuni is the only highlight thus far (looks gorgeous and fun).
Oh no! The Last Guardian is too far away!!! Holiday 2011!
So far, Sony's is really terrible.
How so? Compared to what?

Back