TGS '05 video: cool 3D on DoCoMo phone

If I'm not mistaken that game is based on Samurai Legend Musashiden for PS2. Now why they had to show that game for 2 minutes is the question I would like answered. :LOL:

FWIW most of the 3D in that video appeared to be software rendered, i.e. point filtering, texture aliasing, and all of the other various annoyances associated with that method were there. The Gundam game at the beginning in particular was quite choppy (~10-15 fps).

akira888 said:
FWIW most of the 3D in that video appeared to be software rendered, i.e. point filtering, texture aliasing, and all of the other various annoyances associated with that method were there. The Gundam game at the beginning in particular was quite choppy (~10-15 fps).

That's why I didn't mention the Gundam game! ;)

Contrasting the PowerVR Robots demo running on MBX Lite to that Gundam footage perfectly exemplifies why 3D acceleration is in desperate need of being moved from software to hardware on more phones.

Cue Nokia later today. In the case of their OMAP2, though, Robots would be chewed through at over a hundred frames per second, I'd imagine.

Lazy8s said:
Contrasting the PowerVR Robots demo running on MBX Lite to that Gundam footage perfectly exemplifies why 3D acceleration is in desperate need of being moved from software to hardware on more phones.

Cue Nokia later today. In the case of their OMAP2, though, Robots would be chewed through at over a hundred frames per second, I'd imagine.

What are you referring to as the "PowerVR Robots demo"?
Is that the one that Nokia showed (on a reference board in a paper bag!) with a robot on the top of a spire, kicking all those drones?

Not that Futuremark demo. I believe PowerVR Robots is a mech fighting, in-house demo like PowerVR Racer which can show off a variety of MBX platforms starting down at an SH-Mobile3 and ARM R-S.

Lazy8s said:
Not that Futuremark demo. I believe PowerVR Robots is a mech fighting, in-house demo like PowerVR Racer which can show off a variety of MBX platforms starting down at an SH-Mobile3 and ARM R-S.

Ah! ok. Google came up with just one link where it was mentioned: a bio on Kristof on Khronos' site.

Back