Terminator 3- Great Movie for Action Fans

Just saw it, highly recommend the movie for the series fans. The best movie of them all IMO. Lots of the action, good story with lots of twists.

I was truly amazed at the visuals, I watched the 1st one the other night on DVD and the effects in this one are amazing, car scene and 'restroom' scene in T3 is all eye candy.

Agreed. I was pleasantly surprised. Solid action (it's hard for car chases to do much for me these days, but these ones beat the hell out of the overhyped one in The Matrix Reloaded), some clever lines, and a really well put together plot.

As for the effects...they were less jarringly bad than most movies these days, IMO because unlike, oh, say, Hulk or MR, they didn't try anything too far beyond current capabilities.

Nothing revolutionary. Just solid and well done.

How much special FX they used.....and no Linda Hamilton in the movie, she didnt die in T2... :D

Don't want to spoil it but they tell you how what happens to her, I have the 1st and 2nd on DVD on watched it prior to this one to refresh the memory..and the effects are amazing especially after watching the 1st two.

BUT unlike Star Wars, the story is well done...and no happy ending here ;)

anyone in new jersey wants to get together and see it pm me . I can't drive to far cause of my back. But up where i am there are about 20 movie thearters in a 20 min drive.

I saw it tonight as well

I was thoroughly impressed. They went back and picked things that were in T2 which was very cool. The special effects and stuff were top notch of course. The twist was cool. The story was good, it ended well. The way it ended you just know there will be a T4, and ya know what, I think it would do excellent as well, I'd go see it easily. You know this one is gonna be a cash cow for them.

And OMG, Claire Danes, wow, she sure has grown up! She is cute cute cute, yumm yumm. She was born in '79 same year as me, w00000t.

Hmm.. I actually thought it was kinda bland and predicable. The action throughout was good but I honestly think the thing at universal studios is a better T3 then T3 was. (Maybe the 20 year span and "how do we fit this in" story did it?)

As for the special effects they were great because most of it was actual stuntwork, as opposed to the overblown cg stuff we have now. (BTW arnold paied a little over a million of his own money for that crane/building scene.)

To each their own I guess. I wouldnt not recommend it as it is an ok movie it just didnt do much for me.

(BTW the effects in the hulk wernt that overblown as it followed the comicbook hulk.. the stuff in matrix:r was though.)

I imagine this is the last movie we will see Arnold in. I am sure he is happy to end his career with the movie series that really set his career into motion (aside from Conan).

I read in an interview with Arnold that he was doing True Lies 2 with James Cameron directing (when its finished being re-written) as well as other projects.

http://comingsoon.net/news.php?id=465

BTW, I thought T3 was very good.

If TL 2 does happen I hope Eliza Dushku is back. Talk about all grown up. :oops:

- Stewie

Arnold is having talks with the producers that are scripting out a remake of the 1973 flick "west world". He also says that if they ever do decide to make another terminator he won't hesitate to say yes. True lies 2 is on the way, and a few others. Terminator 3 would be a horrid end to a great career.

I was hoping that t3 would be a little more story rich or at least arnie would be the badass he was in t1, but I'll still get the dvd. There is nothing better in an action movie than seeing arnold shwartznegger do what he does best, owning everything as the terminator. Edward Furlong wasn't in this one, but the other guy that played john conner did a great job. Also, if you still don't have any reason to go see it judging from what people are saying about it, just having the privelage of looking at Kristanna Loken on a huge screen will make it worth your while.

Legion said:
I imagine this is the last movie we will see Arnold in. I am sure he is happy to end his career with the movie series that really set his career into motion (aside from Conan).
not really, there are rumors that he is planning at least 2 other movies: a Connan sequel, and True Lies 2. Im looking forward to both if it happens. I really liked TL and thought that tom arnold did an excellent job opposite Arnold.

later,

please before he retires he has to make hercules in new york part 2 . Untill then he can not retire :)

jvd said:
please before he retires he has to make hercules in new york part 2 . Untill then he can not retire :)
i actually saw the first, and it wasnt that bad. really. although it was the MS3k version (if im not mistaken could have been another hercules movie)

later,

Legion said:

Just a few minutes ago I read an interview with Schwarzenegger where he said he was only halfway through his career...

Well, I thought it was a good movie for Terminator fans.. however, few things coulda made it better:

1) Make Arnie a T-1000 instead of a T-101, but that would have blown the bank in special effects :p
2) Less campy humour 'Talk to the Hand'?????????????
3) Cast Edward Furlong as John Connor, if only for continuity.. didn't like Nick Stohl much.

Would have been nice to see the movie try and break new ground too, rather than be a pure action movie. T2 was great for a variety of reason (emotion attachment, seeing the Terminator as a father figure, etc).. T3 was good purely for its action and plethora of Terminator lore. Atleast it didn't try to be something its not.

8/10 from me.

edit: all we need now is a final T4 set in the future, all about the war :D

edit edit: where the helll was my HK Tank rolling over human skulls in the beginning??? :( :(

Edward Furlong, was initially the person they wanted to go along with, but he has had MAJOR personal problems (drugs among other things), i would not be suprised if he's already had his E! True hollywood story. Too much success for someone too young.

later,

epicstruggle said:
Edward Furlong, was initially the person they wanted to go along with, but he has had MAJOR personal problems (drugs among other things), i would not be suprised if he's already had his E! True hollywood story. Too much success for someone too young.

later,

Interesting.. he hasn't been in all that many movies though. Off the top of my head, T2, Pet Semetary 2, and American History X..

I jsut found out its playing imaxed about 30 mins away from where i live so i'm going to make the drive tommorow .

jvd said:
I jsut found out its playing imaxed about 30 mins away from where i live so i'm going to make the drive tommorow .
drool, imax. i saw spiderman on imax. what a show.

later,

Back