Temp folder in WinXP

Reverend

Banned
For me, there is this "Temp" folder in C:\Documents and Settings\Reverend\Local Settings\Temp

My question is whether it is safe to delete everything within this folder. Obviously, it is there during program installations and such but I just want to be careful if certain stuff in there are crucial.

Apologies if this is a stupid question! :)

Reverend said:
For me, there is this "Temp" folder in C:\Documents and Settings\Reverend\Local Settings\Temp

My question is whether it is safe to delete everything within this folder. Obviously, it is there during program installations and such but I just want to be careful if certain stuff in there are crucial.

Apologies if this is a stupid question! :)

Yes, you can. If it is in use, Windows won't allow you to delete it. Unless (as you said) you are installing something, you can delete it.

Just an experience, once I was installing something, something large. I'm drawing a blank on what it was, but anyway, I deleted the installation files when it was done and the program wouldn't run. It actually had set paths to files in the temp directory, pretty retarded, eh? Only happened once though.

Back