Tekken 8 [PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

I think thats rose colored glasses based in nostalgia of another era. Like I said. Tekken is always overblown anime bs. cyborg ninjas, fighting dinosaurs and kangaroos, super powered devil people, wrestlers with jaguar masks who only say animal sounds, and giant mohawked androids all have been around since the very first games.

If they could have made it this flashy at the time they would have, it was a limitation of technology and nothing more. Tekken 4 is the only game that had a real deviation in tone, and then Tekken 5 went even further with the previous status quo as people at the time hated Tekken 4s changes.

I'm not gonna say Tekken 6 or 7 were perfect, but they absolutely were a logical continuation of series status quo sillyness and Tekken 8 seems to go there as well based on the small snippets we have.

My main concern about the game is the features and modes present in the game, rollback netcode and the story being told in semi legible fashion this time 😂
It is not for the sake of nostalgia. The way they presented those elements was more grounded in the past. Even the cyborgs, the masked wrestlers, the dinosaurs and the kangaroos were grounded. The supernatural like the devil was like the peak and reserved for the bosses. And even then, they wouldnt appear like they could blast off skyscrapers like Super Sayians. All characters were more or less based on real martial arts too. Up to 5 things were kept properly in check. After that character designs were becoming over the top and new comers were not based on martial arts or movie archetypes.
Until 5 Tekken was closer to a martial arts movie, now its closer to being a supernatural anime from start to finish.

there is progress no doubt but mostly beacuse tekken 7 was below avarage looking game even for ps4 standard

Seeing some of the elements in some of the Tekken 7's characters I tend to agree with this guy's concerns

there is progress no doubt but mostly beacuse tekken 7 was below avarage looking game even for ps4 standard
I have to agree with you on this. My problem is still with skin shaders. There is lots of detail but they still seems cross-gen on that front.

Reactions: snc
Er....I dont like where this is going

For comparison this is how SF6 plays like

This is how SF3 used to play like:

And this is how Tekken used to play like

This used to be Tekken's direct competitor:

Its as if Tekken is evolving into something closer to Street Fighter.

Last edited:
Er....I dont like where this is going

For comparison this is how SF6 plays like

This is how SF3 used to play like:

And this is how Tekken used to play like

This used to be Tekken's direct competitor:

Its as if Tekken is evolving into something closer to Street Fighter.

yep, and this was the initial impression some YouTubers had when watching this reveal. Some compared new mechanics to FADC from SF4.

they fooled me with first tekken 8 trailer :(

let's wait for more footage, but yeah initial trailer was fire, this is a bit of let down. Some aspects look really nice, like for example the new city at night stage. But char models seem like a huge downgrade.

Considering virtua fighter is dead and Tekken 7 sold 10 million I guess we know which one succeeded 😂

We must be content with being boomer yelling at clouds
Well Tekken was succeeding over VF even before Tekken started looking like a clown :p

Back