Tekken 8 [PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

I know that's just a game, but when I see those monster completely lower their guard just to throw a punch, it all falls apart.
Anyway, I don't know if this is just a teaser or really representative of the final product, but personally was expecting more.
Heh they mix gameplay segments with the cut scenes thats why.

that's some muscle flex

FflFmnj.gif

Never got into tekkan. I was always into street fighter and virtua fighter since my local arcade had them. Will def try this

Reactions: snc
that's some muscle flex

FflFmnj.gif
Some details are certainly mindblowing for a real time scene. I wonder if these details are retained during gameplay.
It had though some funny errors too. Like droplets not moving on the right direction because they probably follow one direction on a UV map, and thus we get things like this:
1663306335718.png

Some details are certainly mindblowing for a real time scene. I wonder if these details are retained during gameplay.
It had though some funny errors too. Like droplets not moving on the right direction because they probably follow one direction on a UV map, and thus we get things like this:
View attachment 6943

The "muscle" mesh deformation was already present in VF3 on Jeffry, but not at this level of detail of course, but it's not something very hard to do even during gameplay, so i'm sure it will be there.

The "muscle" mesh deformation was already present in VF3 on Jeffry, but not at this level of detail of course, but it's not something very hard to do even during gameplay, so i'm sure it will be there.

Deforming the geometry isnt much. We get crazier animation deformations with cartoon characters. In VF3 they keep the muscle inflation for Jeffrey's presentation. But what makes the T8 teaser impressive is the seemingly anatomically correct muscle deformation. The geometry isnt just deflating. We see the muscle layers under the skin forming too. Even the blood is visible passing through the blood vessel. It is the reason why it is so convincing and multiplies the impression of the punch's strength. And I ll be damned if they are planning to add this amount of muscle deformation in every gameplay animation.

I dont know about the PC version, but the console version has zero stutter. And based on the videos I ve seen the PC version most likely has zero stutters too.
This is probably the biggest fighter in EVO tournaments and stutters are a huge no no in serious fighting games.

The characters are top notch. The environment looks extremely realistic and crazy animated but absent from variety of assets due to its nature. I expect characters to look equally detailed in other environments, and Tekken has been known for it's multiple themed asset rich 3D roamed stages, so I dont expect disappointments there either. I am not sure what more you wanted to see from this teaser.
There's none. Truuuuuuust me. haha

Tekken 7 is far and away best on PC.

Deforming the geometry isnt much. We get crazier animation deformations with cartoon characters. In VF3 they keep the muscle inflation for Jeffrey's presentation. But what makes the T8 teaser impressive is the seemingly anatomically correct muscle deformation. The geometry isnt just deflating. We see the muscle layers under the skin forming too. Even the blood is visible passing through the blood vessel. It is the reason why it is so convincing and multiplies the impression of the punch's strength. And I ll be damned if they are planning to add this amount of muscle deformation in every gameplay animation.
i'm sure it's just a combination of mesh deformation and texture work, like we saw last last gen in fight night 4 for example.

That's not going to make any difference to my point though. Tekken 7, and Soul Caliber 6 (and actually most BandaiNamco) games on PC perform great with no shader comp stutter, that goes for fighting games in general. Which, if you understand the issue with UE4 PSO gathering for developers, makes sense because of how small scale fighting games are in comparison to most other games. Essentially with fighting games you have set arenas and characters, so it's easier to play with every character in every arena, and generate all your PSO data for compilation during loading.

Basically BandaiNamco have proven to me that they know how to properly do it.

I can't imagine the PC version if it runs like this on consoles. But at least end of cross gen, this is the way to do it.

View attachment 6943
This is mind blowing for sure, the amount of details is insane. If this was the first gameplay we saw from next gen consoles this would put expectations from new HW on whole new level.

Never got into tekkan. I was always into street fighter and virtua fighter since my local arcade had them. Will def try this
I was the opposite. I got into Tekken then all other fighters feel weird! I never got 'mentally locked' into 2D fighters, I loved Exploding Fist, Karateka, and IK+. Something about 3D fighters though.. You do get weirder as you get older! :yep2:

I was the opposite. I got into Tekken then all other fighters feel weird! I never got 'mentally locked' into 2D fighters, I loved Exploding Fist, Karateka, and IK+. Something about 3D fighters though.. You do get weirder as you get older! :yep2:

I was in walking distance to an arcade for the 2d era of the late 80s early 90s. We played street fighter 2 and mortal kombat all the time . Outside of VF I myself couldn't get into 3d fighters they always played janky to me lol. But I played the hell out of virtua fighter on my saturn. By that time the arcade in the town next to us closed and I had to bike about 6 or 7 miles away for the last arcade in the area.

I was in walking distance to an arcade for the 2d era of the late 80s early 90s. We played street fighter 2 and mortal kombat all the time . Outside of VF I myself couldn't get into 3d fighters they always played janky to me lol. But I played the hell out of virtua fighter on my saturn. By that time the arcade in the town next to us closed and I had to bike about 6 or 7 miles away for the last arcade in the area.
I bought sega saturn instead of psx after watching vf2 commercials ;d Not best decisions of my life tough still good memories ;d

I bought sega saturn instead of psx after watching vf2 commercials ;d Not best decisions of my life tough still good memories ;d
Lots of great game on my sega saturn. Went saturn - dreamcast to gamecube -360 but after the dreamcast I was all in on the pc. The consoles were more for playing with some less tech savy friends

Reactions: snc
Oooh that looks awesome. I'm not really bothered by fighting games but would consider picking this up for the graphics alone.

In other news, I had no idea Tekken was on PC. I figured it was a Playstation exclusive. Soul Caliber too huh. Crazy how far this platform has come.

Oooh that looks awesome. I'm not really bothered by fighting games but would consider picking this up for the graphics alone.

In other news, I had no idea Tekken was on PC. I figured it was a Playstation exclusive. Soul Caliber too huh. Crazy how far this platform has come.
Tekken has amazing depth. Once you pick a character and discover that particular chatacter's flow and depth you will be experiencing a different game. The only 3D fighting series that comes close and probably surpasses it in depth is VF. If VF enhances its presentation so characters look less generic and improves the feel of animations so they dont feel floaty it would be a great contenter. Overall I put Tekken above SF and MK.

Lots of great game on my sega saturn. Went saturn - dreamcast to gamecube -360 but after the dreamcast I was all in on the pc. The consoles were more for playing with some less tech savy friends
Imagine my first resction of saturns games when I jumped from c64😂 Then psx after that pc for many years, pause of gaming in ps3 era and back to consoles in ps4/5 - too old to having joy with proper drivers configuration and benchmarking extreme settings :d

Back