Techreport comment on ATIs OpenGL Driver rewrite.

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by ChrisRay, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Quitch

Veteran

AI Central

2. Dio

Dio
    Veteran

Cheers for that.

3. DoS

DoS
    Newcomer

Re: StarCraft

thank you :D
    those were the things i had in mind when i made the post about SC...now if that's not ground breaking...
    Quitch, you are entitled to your opinion, however stating that TA was "THE REAL THING" and that Starcraft was just an overrated game is crazy. SC was huge and still is, and for a game to be ground breaking it DOES NOT HAVE TO BE ORIGINAL, at least in the traditional sense.

4. DoS

DoS
    Newcomer

sorry, but SC was not just a killer app for the Korean Market. I believe (correct me if i am wrong) the game is the best-selling PC game ever. Again i can't see why you are seeing "groundbreaking" as a synonym to original. SC still is the only RTS game that has managed to balance 3 completely different races and also is very very deep strategically. Every click counts, battles and games can be decided on decisions you make on an instant of time. i have yet to find another RTS so deep without beeing overly complex. i won't even go into the 3 different races thing...

As you said it has to do with semantics and the way i see it SC is the most groundbreaking multiplayer RTS game ever made.

5. martrox

martrox Old Fart
    Veteran

One more post off topic and I'll lock this thread......

6. Quitch

Veteran

I've always liked the Lemon Shark myself.

Oops... :lol:

7. Richteralan

Regular

:lol:
    oops....off topic...thread locked..

CS sounds like a groundbreaking game, too... :lol: god it got zillions of players... :lol: