Team ICO's teaser for upcoming game

DieH@rd

Legend
Ive serched for some other Team Ico thread on games subforum... nothing found.

This showed up today on their job recruitment page:

118o9x5.jpg

"What you're looking at is the world's first 'ICO 3' screenshot to be released. Sony has just revamped its careers section and changed the old sketches image with the one you see above. The posts still available are for planners, animators, artists and effects designers. Hit the link below to see the full page"
http://teamicogamers.blogspot.com/2008/01/breaking-news-first-ever-screenshot-of.html

:runaway:
So awesome, cant wait to see more.

And best quote from GAF:
"A chain may just be a chain, but when Team ICO makes a chain, it behaves like a chain should."
-Steve

This will probably be one of the reasons of why I will continue to enjoy videogames (or, to be more precise, that kind of experiences that leave you something...).

They still require a lot of guys to finish it, I guess. It says that they even require planners. Which seems to indicate that the game is in very early stages, I suppose. Hope I am wrong, and the game is nearly finished :D

Just Imagining What is in store for us! After playing SOTC, such awesome looking environments, I can't stop myself from gushing while thinking whats cooking up next in those little big heads of Team ICO :D. BTW, I am one unfortunate guy who has never been able to find a copy of ICO , but I fell in love with SOTC ! ;)

From what I heard earlier, the project's name is "The Lost Canyon" or The Last Canyon" . I had cooked up grand Canyon and desert images in my mind for it. This screenshot is more of the Colossus kind.

Going back on topic, I loved SOTC, I have played (but not finished) ICO... Both are lovely games. I wonder if Team ICO will push the hardware graphically as they have before? Or perhaps they will settle for great art direction and make it longer and deeper then SOTC. What I can say before seeing the game tho is that it will be mostly unique! Knowing ICO that is.

I imagine they will push the game VERY MUCH graphically. One reason being because they stress the artistic, but another simply comes from the style of gameplay they promote, which does not need balls-to-the-wall fast action/framerate. They seem to look for new ways to present the graphics that enhance them in more unique fashion than other games, too: panoramic scenes, unconventional camera angles, huge drawing distances, unconventional perspective.

Ico was one of the first PS2 games you could really call "beautiful," and SotC showed just how much more "holy crap!" they could still push out four years later. We may not know what they're precisely doing for their next game, but I'm pretty sure we know what to expect on the graphical front.

I imagine they will push the game VERY MUCH graphically. One reason being because they stress the artistic, but another simply comes from the style of gameplay they promote, which does not need balls-to-the-wall fast action/framerate. They seem to look for new ways to present the graphics that enhance them in more unique fashion than other games, too: panoramic scenes, unconventional camera angles, huge drawing distances, unconventional perspective.

Ico was one of the first PS2 games you could really call "beautiful," and SotC showed just how much more "holy crap!" they could still push out four years later. We may not know what they're precisely doing for their next game, but I'm pretty sure we know what to expect on the graphical front.

With Team ICO it has always been their artistic style that made the games impressive visually. Although other games pushed the system more, Team ICO got more out of it because they pushed the system to fulfill the needs of the Art they were creating. They didn't add effects for the sake of trying to impress someone with numbers ala..."our character has more polys then any other on the PS2".

ICO was a fantastic game, I preordered it when it was first released and finished it within 2 days. Then came back around and watched each of my friends play the game because I enjoyed the reactions they had as they mirrored my own. Although I want to play SotC I fear I will not be able to enjoy the game as much as I would like because my life is different now. I cherrish every minute I get when I can play video games and Team ICO games are not the kind you can play for 30min and just leave!

No other game last Gen made the impact ICO did; in my opinion it was the first time the extra power of the new gen consoles were justified. I'm still waiting for that moment this Gen as nothing so far has made me think a game is better because of the extra power of these new machines. Once something comes along with the kind of impact ICO had; that makes you go.."WOW; why wasn't this game made before" and you realize it couldn't have with old tech.

Dregun

Going by this teams previous two games buying a ps3 will probably be justified purely for this game alone. I really wish more developers took a hint from this team and tried something along these lines, this is where the industry needs to move if we want games recognized as an art form any time soon.

Enjoyed Ico a lot but come on, it barely sold so how influential could it have been?

Maybe it inspired some other designers? Not really there aren't other games which copy it.

SoTC sold fairly well but it wasn't a blockbuster was it?

So how can it move PS3s?

Probably wont at all haha but that's not the point is it? These games really push the boundaries and that's something this industry desperately needs IMO Even if it doesn't have a big impact now eventually we'll look back and see this is where it all started.

I kind of assumed he was talking about personal cost justification (or for people who are into their work), not that it would move consoles like it's FF/MGS/GT.

Back