Tabbed Documents in Word (2003 or 2007) -- Help!

Acert93

Artist formerly known as Acert93
Legend
I need tabbed documents in a word processor that is compatible with Zotero.

I am going nuts here. I have been looking for a way to get tabbed documents in Word for a long time with no real success. Excel has "TABS" for spreadsheets and it blows my mind with the tabs in IE and FF being so popular and very functional in Excel Word continues to ignore this. Having mult. docs open in the taskbar is quite annoying.

I am working on my thesis and it is ~ 250 pages and a dozen or so chapters with a number of excursuses. Each chapter has a number of logical units. I am at the point where I have a completely functional outline and taking individual units of research and writing sections of chapters and having a dozen independent docs open is unmanagable, especially as my own research is in one file, compiled facts I want to use in another, and raw resources in another.

Anyhow, tabbed documents would rock. Text Pad has them, but it is only a text editor (txt) and has no multi-language support and no Zotero support for footnotes/documentation.

My choices are Word (which I like) or OpenOffice (I had found in the past an OO hack for tabs but seemed to be depricated).

Has anyone had any luck getting tabs in Word or OpenOffice?

Are you using a master document in word? It works pretty well.

OfficeTab available here: http://hi.baidu.com/officecm has worked great for me in Office 2007 (Word, Excel PowerPoint), it's very small and quite efficient.

I was reading some things about the EULA on this, any signs of spyware/viruses? Looks like what I am looking for. Thanks!

@ Arwin: I haven't had much success on the implimentation level of Master Documents. I probably need to try harder. Possibly an option if I ditch it as a means of an outline but more of an "index of references."

Back