System shock 2 and Win2k compatitbility

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Saem, Jan 18, 2003.

1. Saem

Veteran

Well I finally opened up the shrink wrapped box of system shock 2 that I had lying around my house for 2 years. Anyways, I'm wondering if it's compatible with win2k, I don't feel like messing up my newly installed machine?

Thanks.

2. Colourless

Colourless Monochrome wench
    Veteran

3. Murakami

Regular

.. and with WinXP? I beat the game two times -on win98SE- and now i'm going to play it on line in the cooperative mode with a friend of mine.. any problem to install and run under WinXP Pro? Thanks all.

4. Colourless

Colourless Monochrome wench
    Veteran

WinXP is hard to say. My personal experience with SS2 in WinXP hasn't been good. I just can not get any sound from it, while it was fine in Win2K.

I've heard reports from other people where things were fine. So, it might be a sound card driver issue.

5. Saem

Veteran

Thanks a lot guys, this gives me and buddy a game to play cooperatively now -- been waiting for that for soooo long.

6. Gubbi

Veteran

Generally when getting old programs (and games) to work on never windows versions, this resource is invaluable:

http://www.ntcompatible.com/

Cheers
    Gubbi