System service exception BSOD

I posted this elsewhere last night, but no replies, so maybe someone here could help. Here's all the info:

system service exception;

Long ass error codes; 1st one ended in 3B. So I need some help. I downloaded the 64 bit native debug tool from microsoft, but I don't know how to use it; I knew how to use the 32 bit one.

Here's the recent changes i've made to settings and apps:

I deleted my realtek drivers thru the windows uninstall utility and replaced it with a sound card, and the drivers for that have worked fine for a few days now.

I reduced the voltage one notch for the nb, and the ht link; foxconn a79a-s; amd 64 x2 2300+BE (not black ed.); no oc'ing, temps are good.

I reduced the pci clock latency to 32 from 64.

I disabled a few sata settings in the bios, but everything boots fine; i disabled the onboard, and sata ide combined mode. i have 1 hd and 1 optical drive and they're plugged into 2 of the 4 ports on the edge of the board.

Finally, my physx pci-e x1 card has 07.05.06 installed which was from asus' website; i tried to install 8.09 from nvidia's website, since i need 2.7.2 runtime to get cellfactor to work. it downloaded fine, i then installed, it appeared to finish, but dialog box wouldn't disappear and so after a few seconds the bsod came up.

So when I turned it off, and then as soon as i booted back up, it told me of the error, described below, and when i tried to download the 64 bit debug tool, it mentioned something about the botched 8.09 physx install; and i clicked the recommended choice, and that backslided the install progress bar for the debug tool. all chips passed and i also clicked reset ageia physx card a few times.

Before i installed my physx card, i deleted the physx drivers that came with the 180 display drivers, using the windows uninstall.

What's the culprit?

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF80001EC96FA
BCP3: FFFFFA600F2FA990
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini121608-01.dmp
C:\Users\______\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-78998-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\______\AppData\Local\Temp\WER4440.tmp.version.txt

did you install the driver for your vid ? i think you need both , the physics and vid, from NVDA. lowering the NB voltage can be a issue if your running your RAM real tight timings/Low Cas

did you install the driver for your vid ? i think you need both , the physics and vid, from NVDA. lowering the NB voltage can be a issue if your running your RAM real tight timings/Low Cas
I have the ram on stock timings. I tried installing the 8.09 physx drivers again and got them installed w/o another bsod successfully.

I haven't had it since last night, which was the only time, so I just have one more question about it for now. It's not likely to be a hardware defect of any kind, is it?

H/W defects will be absolute, they tend not to be flaky, but consistent. except for PSUs... Though seeing the pattern is the key. Reinstaling software is the great "windows" cure.

Help me understand this better:
are you saying you made all the changes you listed and then your BSOD occurred, or the BSOD occurred and you made those changes in an attempt to fix it?

Back