Surface Pro 5 app roaches !

Erm.. you do know that's a picture of a Surface Pro 4?
Either that or the SP5 will have the exact same screen size and I/O ports as SP4.
I would rather have them ditch the Surface Connect port and use that for one or two USB-C. For example, 1*MiniDP + 1*USB-A + 2* USB-C (one of the with TB) would be pretty great.

Then again, Microsoft may want to guarantee full compatibility with the peripherals from the older parts, so they might just switch the Mini-DP for USB-C and call it a day.
Oooor.. they're just going to release the same device with the Kaby Lake generation and call it a day. Maybe a higher resolution display too, though I think a higher resolution than SP4 would give little return value.

My hopes usb c charging port , micro sd + sd card slot . Additional usb c port for accessories and it looks like in the photo we will keep the standard usb port . Oh and super pie in the sky hope ... 4 core zen 8 thread with vega apu lol
Why a micro SD AND a normal SD?

I don't know about that, but dual Micro-SD with RAID-0 capabilities using would be awesome, even if it just used USB 3.0.

SD cards are very fast ou can get a Lexar 128 gig that reads at 300MB/s - 250MB/s writes or a 256 gig that does 150MB/s reads .
I didn't know that. How much do they cost?

Regardless, for ~150€ you can get two 200GB microSD sandisk cards with 90MB/s reads - 50MB/s writes. Two of those in RAID0 and you get 400GB at theoretical 180MB/s reads - 100MB/s writes.
That's nothing to scoff at.

I didn't know that. How much do they cost?

Regardless, for ~150€ you can get two 200GB microSD sandisk cards with 90MB/s reads - 50MB/s writes. Two of those in RAID0 and you get 400GB at theoretical 180MB/s reads - 100MB/s writes.
That's nothing to scoff at.
yea but you just wasted two slots for 200GB cards .

You can get a Lexar 150MB/s R / 75MB/s W for $130 256GB . If you want faster the 128 gig 300MB/s R / 250MB/s W is another option at $227 usb.

And if you need capacity more than you need speed, you can find plenty of 512 GB SD cards for 200 USD.

Hell, just picking out a random 512 GB SD card.

https://www.amazon.com/PNY-Elite-Pe...8&qid=1487883936&sr=8-5&keywords=1+tb+sd+card

~200 USD. 90+ MB/s read, 50+ MB/s write.

Their 256 GB version is only ~90 USD. And the 128 GB version is ~50 USD. That beats the pants off of any comparable (capacity and speed) MicroSD card.

PNY's own MicroSD line only goes up to 200 GB. It's cost comparable at ~72 USD but is half the write speed. 90+ MB/s read and 28+ MB/s write.

Looking at the Sandisk card on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultr...&qid=1487884656&sr=8-1&keywords=sandisk+200GB

200 GB Sandisk Ultra is doing 88+ MB/s reads with 15+ MB/s writes for ~90 USD. 256 GB version is ~135 USD. That doesn't compare favorably in any way.

There's not much they can do about parity in capacity as SD is a larger form factor. But the fact that they can't even get performance parity at relatively comparable price points hurts.

MicroSD cards are great for devices without a lot of space (like a smartphone). But for a larger device like a Surface Pro, I'd much rather have the ability to use SD cards.

Regards,
SB

Back