Surface Neo - Introducing windows 10 X

Discussion in 'Mobile Industry' started by eastmen, Oct 11, 2019.

1. eastmen

Legend Subscriber

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/devices/surface-neo

Since there doesn't seem to be much talk about the surface event I thought i'd throw this up there too.

This is two 8 inch screens that fold 360 like the surface duo phone. However this runs windows 10 x which is made for dual screens.

The device looks really interesting and could be a great portal be device. The clincher is that magnetic keyboard and how it transforms the second screen from consumption into a capable keyboard / wonderbar / track pad.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...7880DB613D80E8ACBD727880DB613D80&&FORM=VRDGAR

2. Tkumpathenurpahl

Veteran Newcomer

[​IMG]

Lightman, Jay and BRiT like this.
  3. fehu

Veteran Regular

Interesting concept, but intel atom inside

4. Jay

Jay
    Veteran Regular

Silent_Buddha and BRiT like this.
  5. Silent_Buddha

Legend

Something interesting I just thought of. I'm assuming that Microsoft will continue to use 3:2 aspect ratio screens. This has some interesting connotations for a device like this.
    • Take one 3:2 screen in landscape orientation and divide it in half vertically and you now have 2x 3:2 screens in portrait orientation.
    • Alternatively, take 2x 3:2 screens as in the Surface Neo and when you put them together you basically have a larger 3:2 screen.
    Going to be interesting to see how Tremont performs. I just hope they don't saddle this with an eMMC drive. But it's probably too much to hope that it'd come with a NVME drive.

Also, I'm still curious about whether Windows 10 X will allow arbitrary code to be run ala regular Windows or if you'll be limited to Windows Store applications.

Regards,
    SB

6. Gerry

Regular

I'm sitting here at home full of cold so forgive if my brain isn't working properly.

If you divide a 3:2 screen in half won't you have two screens that are 4:3?

7. TheAlSpark

TheAlSpark Moderator
    Moderator Legend

Yup. 1.5 : 2, 1.5 : 2 (i.e. 3:4 if we keep to x:y )

8. Silent_Buddha

Legend

OK, that'll teach me to post when I'm low on sleep and need to get to bed. :p

I already know not to do work in that condition. Now I need to learn not to post when I'm in that condition. :D

Regards,
    SB

TheAlSpark likes this.
  9. Jay

Jay
    Veteran Regular

Current understanding is that it can run arbitrary code, it will run it in a container basically.