Super Mario 64 (90s artworks renders) vs Super Mario 3D World

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by xaeroxcore, May 19, 2015.

1. xaeroxcore

Newcomer

Cheers to everyone!

I finally had the opportunity to play Super Mario 3D Word on Wii U, and i´m certainly amazed by the quality of the graphics of the game, specially in the artwork, colour fidelity,brightness and lighting departments.

But my question is: have Nintendo finally reached (or surpassed) the graphic detail of that 90s artwork renders that came out to promote Nintendo 64 games with the real time graphics of Wii U´s Super Mario 3D World ?

In my opinion, strictly geometry wise still that old renders seems to manage higher poly counts that the real time 3D World graphics. But in textures and lighting the Wii U game is wide ahead of the Super Mario 64 artworks, and this aspect, complemented by the high geometry of the real time Wii U game make look 3D World greater than the old renders. But..what do you think?

Compare it by yourself!

[​IMG]

VS.

[​IMG]