Super Comet

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
Is this doco accurate? Please tell me that this comet will hit us after I have died?

Sixty-five million years ago, a comet hit the earth, putting an end to life as it then was. Now a comet is about to hit the earth again. In the dramatised part of this episode, Fernando Martinez, a Mexican who works in Houston, Texas, sets off home to be with his family, the Vaton family in France seeks shelter, and the Baka pygmy tribesmen continue to hunt, unaware of the impending disaster. Astrophysicist Noah Boyle, and computer scientist Shiang Yatan, remain at the observation centre in Hawaii to try to find out exactly when the comet will hit.

...In the dramatised part of this episode...
Might wanna post the source of that article? Sounds more what-if-fiction =)

PS. If that Comet will hit us after you died I`m sure it will land dead center on your grave and eradicate any knowledge of your existance. Sorry to say, but your life is in vain.

Might wanna post the source of that article? Sounds more what-if-fiction =)

It is fiction. This thread is just Kruno looking for some attention. Again.

The show aired here a few weeks ago in the same week as the "what would happen if the volcano under Yellowstone blew up" series. A comet strike and super-eruption in the same week. With catastrophes like that happening in the same week what chance does the human race have?!

Do any of these asteroids with x% chance to hit us will ever hit us?
There's a very involved proof for which the space of a typical forum posting is too small to contain nor will the BBCode markup language be sufficient to typeset said proof in a satisfactory way... In a more broad overview, we can say that an asteroid that has an x% chance of hitting us may or may not actually hit us, but the chances that it will are, in fact, around x%.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, one of those or another one will definitely hit the Earth some time.

We should definitely set up a crack team of deep sea drillers with a rocket, and launch into space. Once that's done, they'll nuke the asteroid, find meaning in life, and come to terms with inter-generational transitions. Hopefully with a little help from Aerosmith.

tyler-liv-photo-liv-tyler-6221534.jpg

You`d rather have a rock hitting on you? :D

Back